Today, 09:12 AM   #1
themasterblade
periodically - Unable to connect issue

Hello,

I have attached the log and xml files for my issue!
Currently i get the unable to connect issue, I have followed all the step and done the IP Trick but doesn't work, what does work though is if I reset my router minion will work but after a couple of days it goes back to this screen, so I am able to fix it but I don't ideally want to keep restarting my router

Wondering if this is a minion issue or due to my extender as its only periodic?

Couple of points
  • I use an extender to connect to my wifi
  • I've gone through all the troubleshooting and read other forum posts
  • I have the 32 bit installed as it worked better than the 64 bit at the time
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2024-07-29_160714588.png
Views:	3
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	1748  
Attached Files
File Type: log minion.log (740.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: xml minion.xml (2.2 KB, 3 views)
Today, 09:23 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If it only sometimes does not work it's more of an ISP issue, especially if your router reset makes it work again (maybe your DNS resolver is not working properly anymore or ISP is rerouting things sometimes so it does not find the Minion website/ip anymore).

What country are you based in? Is your gov using any proxy or redirect methods to tunnel traffic for all?
Is your outer controlled by the provider or b you own (like used DNS servers etc.)?
Maybe check router log files what they tell you at the time Minion access is not working. And then ask you ISP why this is happening.

Edit:

From your log files

DEBUG 2024-06-26 19:35:53,373 [JavaFX Application Thread] gg.minion.util.FeedClient:getRoutePlanner(61): System Default Http Proxy.
WARN 2024-06-26 19:39:24,633 [Thread-8] gg.minion.util.FeedClient:run(164): IOException: Remote host terminated the handshake

-> Well either your IP address is blocked at the Minion servers then, or something else happens here that makes the Minions erver terminate the handshake with your client.
Maybe your ISP provides you an IP address which is blacklisted in Cloudlfare or any other security tools on the web?
That would explain why you sometimes have the issue anda fter router resart maybe get a new IP and it works again.

Another example from your log files:
DEBUG 2024-07-29 15:54:45,836 [JavaFX Application Thread] gg.minion.controller.MinionController:initWindowControls(523): Controls initialized.
DEBUG 2024-07-29 15:54:45,837 [JavaFX Application Thread] gg.minion.util.FeedClient:checkNetworkConnections(106): Starting network check ...
DEBUG 2024-07-29 15:54:45,838 [JavaFX Application Thread] gg.minion.util.FeedClient:getRoutePlanner(61): System Default Http Proxy.
WARN 2024-07-29 15:55:07,449 [Thread-8] gg.minion.util.FeedClient:run(164): IOException: Read timed out
WARN 2024-07-29 15:55:07,464 [Thread-9] gg.minion.util.FeedClient:run(164): IOException: Read timed out

So you might also need to check your default web http proxy in your browsers/Windows. Maybe some tool/malware has set some redirection there that does not work with Minion.
Do you use any proxy or VPN clients?

Also from your log files you are using MS onedrive?
C:\Users\xxxx\OneDrive\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\live.txt

Do NOT let OneDrive sync your user's documents folders as it's a known problem for ESO and Mionion.
That's written in the troubleshooting guide too.

You can try if disabling that at OneDrive fixes your issues maybe already, but I think it's something else (sounds at least as some network issues and not OneDrive).

Last edited by Baertram : Today at 09:32 AM.
Today, 11:49 AM   #3
themasterblade
What country are you based in - Based in UK
Is your outer controlled by the provider or b you own (like used DNS servers etc.)? - and router is owned by provider, ill have to see if i can find any logs

Weird ill have a scan the IP im being provided too to see if its blocked on anything, it shouldnt be though!

Do you use any proxy or VPN clients? - I use Surfshark for my VPN but i very rarely activate it, it has a built in antivirus too, thinking about it this issue kinda started shortly after i installed surfshark a while back so maybe i can uninstall that and see if that fixes it too

Also from your log files you are using MS onedrive? - Dont worry i havent synced onedrive in forever, its always been like it annoyingly and was too late for me to stop using the directory but i turned it off ages back

Ill have a scan through what i can and post any updates i have

Last edited by themasterblade : Today at 11:55 AM.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » periodically - Unable to connect issue