Today, 06:36 AM   #1
roska
Exclamation [Fixed] Add-on page - lightbox/pictures gallery broken

Hi all,

I went full-circle with this post and ended up fixing my issue in the process. Still, I'm going to post it in case it helps anyone else if that's cool and there's no dedicated troubleshooting thread.

When I'm on an add-on's page, I can't view the screenshots uploaded ("Pictures" panel) - instead of the lightbox opening, the image source opens directly in the tab.

Expected behaviour for either case: clicking the "View X Screenshots" or image thumbnail should open a lightbox gallery that can be navigated forward/back.

What actually happens: source/direct link to the first image opens in the tab.

I'm using Safari 17.6, desktop version.

SOLUTION

As this wasn't happening in Firefox, I did a bit of troubleshooting and found the problem (it's content blocker related, so might not be browser specific). The source of the issue seems to have been with the site's cookies - I'm using an extension called Consent-O-Matic that handles Cookie requests automatically for me. I disabled it for the site, purged website cache, reloaded the page and I accepted/rejected the cookies manually (just the functional cookies are fine).

If you're having similar issues, try to mess with the site's Cookie settings on your device :-) Hope this helps!

ESOUI » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » [Fixed] Add-on page - lightbox/pictures gallery broken