Today, 07:34 AM   #1
roska
Question [Help] Addon Category

Hi there,

I came across "Addon Category" recently which looked promising to help me make my add-on list a bit more manageable and readable.

However, the in-game UI for managing the categories is extremely clunky and not super practical past a certain number of addons.

I thought myself clever and I thought I'd try to modify the saved variables file offline, as the syntax is easy enough to follow. Unfortunately, the changes I made there were not reflected in game, neither in the categories in the 'Addons' menu or in the settings GUI of Addon Categories.

Would anyone more knowledgable be able to have a look at the add-on, and explain to me what might be going on, or how I could approach this? I am unsure why SavedVars would be disregarded unless edited in the GUI, but I'm obviously missing a step somewhere.

Pastebin of edited saved variables here.

Thanks very much.
Today, 12:40 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hint: SavedVars must be edited while youa re logged out.
If not it will overwrite from ingame tables (loaded from SV there on login/reload UI/zone change with loading screen) again.

So always logout, then change the SV.

But to tell the truth:
Why do you try to change the SV files?
I doubt changing the SV would reflect anything according to your needs cuz if so you could do that ingame in the addon's list yourself? Just edit the categories there?
Or isn't that possible?

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » [Help] Addon Category