Today, 05:23 PM   #1
Jupiter_Storm
[Search / Request] - Roleplay Tag?

I hope this finds you all well, and apologies in advance for the ignorant question!

I'm curious as to whether an AddOn exists that might provide a very simple "Roleplay Tag" functionality, as is available in Final Fantasy: 14, shown below:

Warning: Spoiler

This functionality would ideally provide players with the ability to turn /rpon and /rpoff in order to declare (to others with the AddOn) whether they are In Character or not.

I have scoured far and wide, and I can't seem to find anything that even REMOTELY resembles this - my guess, it ISN'T that simple, at all?

Now...

I'm aware that Nameplates can't be edited, i.e. Adding text before a name that says {RP}, for example... Or adding graphics to them! That PROBABLY rules out FF14's method of doing it...

BUT! What about anchoring a graphic to the position of another player's Nameplate? Would this require tracking the position of a player in the game? If so, I would guess that would make it impossible to do, too.

Failing that, what about adding a little {RP} tag to the Target data (which to my understanding is mutable given the huge number of custom UI addons out there which alter the way Targets show up on your HUD).

I'd like to know your thoughts!

If there is anyone out there who'd be willing to have a crack at this, please do DM me or let me know!

I am extremely new to Addons myself (I'm still learning how to make them), but if nobody else is willing, I'd really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction in this regard...

For instance, what Functionality MIGHT give me the desired outcome?

If known, what API category would this fall under? The ESO UI Wiki's list is incredibly impressive! But if you don't know what you're looking for identity-wise in the first instance, it's a bit daunting to navigate.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Jupiter_Storm : Today at 05:26 PM.
Today, 05:24 PM   #2
Dolgubon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There is no way for addons to communicate with other players. So, this is not possible.
Today, 05:59 PM   #3
Jupiter_Storm
Originally Posted by Dolgubon View Post
There is no way for addons to communicate with other players. So, this is not possible.
I really appreciate your response, and that's completely understandable. I had figured there was some sort of leeway in terms of data-sharing, due to DPS counters being out there and such.

I don't suppose the way ESO Hub's Trade addon works - with an external database - could achieve a relatively stress-free "on / off" check?
Today, 06:41 PM   #4
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Addons like TTC and others do not communicate real time. You can not communicate in real time. You cannot communicate with other players. You cannot alter saved variables while the game is running. Your cannot do what you are asking for. It's not stress on the server or "light" or any other synonym. ZOS does not allow this.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » [Search / Request] - Roleplay Tag?