Yesterday, 04:45 PM   #1
atharti
LUA memory issue

Hey, like halfyear ago i notcied that when i farm mobs in public dungeon my LUA memory usage grows unendingly, usually i have about 450mb used, and i have like hunded addons. One time it reached 2 GBs (was farming for hours), well problem is not that it takes much, problem is that game start lagging. My FPS goes from stable 60 to 10 overtime, and mobs stop rendering correctly like i approach the spot use skill, already see the damage numbers but not the mobs, also other textures get scuffed. Reloading UI resets LUA memory to normal, or a relog. Its super annoying, it grows like 10mb per minute and only happening when i farm mobs in public dungeon, in blackrose prison exp runs everything is smooth for some reason.
So id like to ask you, whats happening? Is it some certain addon that works in a wrong way? Or its just how its should be? Would like to hear any advices in general or how to find that bad addon. I tried disabling massive ones like interface etc but it didnt help, general LUA memory usage goes low but it still grows.
Today, 01:16 PM   #2
Anthonysc
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Get Addon Selector, Turn off all your addons (except, you know, libaddonmenu and addon selector).
Does it still happen? Addon problem
Does it not still happen? Not an addon problem (it's going to be an addon problem).

From there, try turning back on and off chunks of addons until you find the one that's causing the problem.
Today, 05:11 PM   #3
atharti
Well its been a lot of tests.

It appeared to be ExoYs ProcSet Timer

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » LUA memory issue