Today, 01:50 PM   #1
Saint-Ange
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
DeconOrSell

Hello Community!

I’m excited to share my first "real" addon with you all!

Addon Overview

The primary function of this addon is to help decide whether to deconstruct or sell gear items to a NPC vendor. This is the core feature of the addon.

Initially, I gathered data using a spreadsheet, separating items by categories like quality, set vs. non-set, intricate or not. Over time, I noticed that there wasn’t much difference between base game gear, DLC gear, or even quality. This led me to hardcode multipliers, but I also saw it as a great opportunity to refine these calculations while learning more about Lua. As new data comes in, the hardcoded default values update in the saved variables, making this the second core feature of the addon.

Although I considered including jewelry, I found that it’s always better to deconstruct jewelry than to sell it, so I left it out.

What the Addon Doesn't Do

This addon won’t help you decide if you should sell an item in a guild store or deconstruct/sell it to a NPC. There are other addons that cover those decisions and I for myself prefer to do that manually.

Important Note on Junk Marking

There’s a quirk I need to point out. I created this addon based on how I personally process gear for deconstruction or selling. I mark these items as junk, just like those I intend to sell. This keeps my inventory clutter-free.

However, if you’ve automated selling junk items, be careful!

WARNING: IF YOU HAVE AUTOMATED JUNK SELLING, BEWARE!

The process involves marking the item as junk, which triggers the EVENT_INVENTORY_SINGLE_SLOT_UPDATE event. Also, you’ll need FCOIS (FCOItemSaver) as it handles marking for selling or deconstruction.

FCOIS (FCOItemSaver) IS REQUIRED!

Current State and Future Plans

There’s still more to be done. For example, I haven’t tested the addon on gear with a nil style like Undaunted items yet—I plan to do that next weekend. I’m sure there’s more I’ve forgotten to mention, I’m a bit exhausted right now

While the code will look basic to many of you, remember that I’m still a beginner and coding at my level. Everything's complicated before it's simple

Looking for Feedback

Since the junk-marking process might not suit everyone, I’m holding off on officially publishing this addon for now. However, I’d love to hear your feedback, suggestions, and advice.

Special thanks to Baertram and Dolgubon for their help on this forum! I’d also like to thank the ESOUI community, as I’ve shamelessly peeked at countless addons to learn the basics.

Happy coding!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20240916_215141.jpg (50.7 KB, 5 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip DeconOrSell.zip (7.9 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Saint-Ange : Today at 01:56 PM. Reason: Added image

ESOUI » AddOns » Alpha/Beta AddOns » DeconOrSell