02/04/16, 02:31 PM   #1
Ravalox Darkshire
Ravalox of Lake Superior

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Agni Ignis View Post
Hey everyone,
I can install addons for ESO, be it with minion or manually, but they don't show up on the in-game menu, and don't have an effect on the game.
I checked a lot of forum threads, but I can't figure it out!

Here are some of the locations:
C:\Users\Marc\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\liveeu\AddOns\SkyShards
C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher
C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online EU
C:\Users\Marc\.minion

I also have to run the ESO launcher as administrator, otherwise it won't start at all, but I don't think that has to do with it.
And I am on Windows 10
Have you tried putting them in this path?:

C:\Users\%username%\OneDrive\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\liveeu\AddOns

Win10 uses onedrive by default (most of the time).
07/05/17, 09:52 AM   #2
jmrathbun
Addendum

It's helpful to note that it is the LAUNCHER, not the server log-in, that inspects your add-ons folder. So when playing around with add-ons to make one show up as loaded, it isn't enough to log off and log back on. You have to close the launcher and then re-launch it.

I also ran afoul of an unzipping protocol that stuck an extra folder into the works and screwed things up. My correct install path was C:\Users\JMR\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\RaidNotifier\(folders & files) or C:\Users\JMR\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\RaidNotifier-2.0.0\(folders & files) but NOT C:\Users\JMR\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\RaidNotifier-2.0.0\RaidNotifier\(folders & files).

I hope this helps!
07/05/17, 10:29 AM   #3
sirinsidiator

Originally Posted by jmrathbun View Post
It's helpful to note that it is the LAUNCHER, not the server log-in, that inspects your add-ons folder. So when playing around with add-ons to make one show up as loaded, it isn't enough to log off and log back on. You have to close the launcher and then re-launch it.
The launcher doesn't have anything to do with the addons. You can install new addons and type /reloadui in chat and they will show up.
07/05/17, 12:08 PM   #4
silvereyes

Originally Posted by jmrathbun View Post
So when playing around with add-ons to make one show up as loaded, it isn't enough to log off and log back on. You have to close the launcher and then re-launch it.
This isn't really entirely true. As sirinsidiator noted, doing a /reloadui in-game is sufficient to get the addon to appear.

You are correct that if you are on the character selection screen when you install your addon, simply signing out of your account and logging back in will not make the addon appear under the Addons list on the character selection screen. But you don't need to close/reopen the launcher. Just closing ESO and re-launching the game will make the addon appear in the character selection screen.
10/07/17, 03:34 PM   #5
KajiraJess
C:\Users\jmfug\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns

next level:
C:\Users\jmfug\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\wykkyd_core_libraries\LAM\controls

My Addons will not come up in the game, I have tried everything in this thread and more.... I have uninstalled the game, minion and other addon managers and tried reinstalling them. Nothing is working and it is getting frustrating. I am playing with a group and they have tried to fix it as well. This is a brand new computer so there should not be anything on my system holding it up... nothing I try works getting
10/07/17, 03:46 PM   #6
KajiraJess
Originally Posted by Garkin View Post
Each addon has to be inside of its own folder.
Download the latest Wykkyd's Framework (mhFramework.zip file), double click on it to see what is inside and drag&drop whole "mhFramework" folder to Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\.
C:\Users\jmfug\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns

next level:
C:\Users\jmfug\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\wykkyd_core_libraries\LAM\controls

My Addons will not come up in the game, I have tried everything in this thread and more.... I have uninstalled the game, minion and other addon managers and tried reinstalling them. Nothing is working and it is getting frustrating. I am playing with a group and they have tried to fix it as well. This is a brand new computer so there should not be anything on my system holding it up... nothing I try works getting
03/03/18, 01:59 PM   #7
Armyvet643
I have checked over and over again to make sure that my add ons were in the correct file path, I have even checked to make sure that the add ons have actual data, I have even verified with minion that the add ons are installed.

ESO will not recognize that I have add ons. Up to date or our of date. I have the box checked to allow out of date add ons.

I don't know what else to do? I only had this problem after being forced to switch to win 10 because of a hard drive crash

This PC > Local Disk (C: ) > Users > armyv > Documents > Elder Scrolls Online > Live > AddOns

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » AddOns won't work