04/29/24, 12:09 PM   #41
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Just one idea: Maybe the history (in my case) was broken in local files even before the last patch came in.
And that's the reason it did not update properly (was stuck), even after the patch.

For now it seems, after resetting the cache in total and fetching all events manually, it works well even with TTC enabled.
Today I tested the update of 2 days missing data with TTC and LibHistoire enabled, worked fine.
04/29/24, 12:39 PM   #42
Sharlikran

Coincidentally, I did reset my guild history cache by deleting all the files manually. I can't remember what the reason was that I did that. I don't think I needed to. Maybe I did it because someone said that they could only request a certain amount of time after deleting them manually and I tried it. I couldn't reproduce the issue whatever it was.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 04/29/24 at 06:56 PM.
05/02/24, 08:11 AM   #43
sinnereso
Not sure if this is related to addons at all or just the ingame code but something else related to the new guild history has been discovered..

MANY are experiencing brutally long 15-20sec delays using watshrines or porting in general due to the below setings in usersettings.txt.. The following changes fixes it.

Code:
SET GuildHistoryCacheAutoDeleteLeftGuilds "1"
SET GuildHistoryCacheMaxNumberOfDays_ava_activity "7"
SET GuildHistoryCacheMaxNumberOfDays_activity "7"
SET GuildHistoryCacheMaxNumberOfDays_milestone "7"
SET GuildHistoryCacheMaxNumberOfDays_trader "7"
SET GuildHistoryCacheMaxNumberOfDays_banked_currency "7"
SET GuildHistoryCacheMaxNumberOfDays_banked_item "7"
SET GuildHistoryCacheMaxNumberOfDays_roster "7"
05/02/24, 09:03 AM   #44
sirinsidiator

I've yet to see anyone actually demonstrate that the guild history cache is responsible for the load times. All I've seen so far is some wild claims without any evidence that shows it's not just a coincidence and a few people who got the loading times to go away by disabling a couple addons that didn't play nicely with each other.

Also keep in mind that this "fix" causes extra server requests, which completely goes against the idea of having a cache and as such the setting will be capped to the server times in the future and setting it to 7 days will instead be treated the same as setting it to 30 (or 180).
05/02/24, 02:59 PM   #45
sinnereso
Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
I've yet to see anyone actually demonstrate that the guild history cache is responsible for the load times. All I've seen so far is some wild claims without any evidence that shows it's not just a coincidence and a few people who got the loading times to go away by disabling a couple addons that didn't play nicely with each other.

Also keep in mind that this "fix" causes extra server requests, which completely goes against the idea of having a cache and as such the setting will be capped to the server times in the future and setting it to 7 days will instead be treated the same as setting it to 30 (or 180).
Well consider this the demonstration you seek.
The babes system for weeks now since THAT update has had an additional 15-20sec teleport/load times which includes ressing in pvp where your actually visible and killable for that 15secs she cant even respond to.

We have with no visible change:

1. tried with addons disabled.. no change
2. tried with all addons disabled and deleting addonsettings.txt, usersettings.txt, shadercache(i realize it will cook shaders after this once), ZO_ingame.lua, ZO_internalingame.lua, ZO_pregame.lua and errors and logs..... no change
3. completlely uninstalled and reinstalled game with no addons installed... no change
4. reviewed and reset to defaults her nvidia grafics driver settingsand even tried minimum "LOW" ingame gfx settings and made sure was updated to latest version... no change
5.ONLY after finding a post regarding the GUILDHISTORY settings in the usersettings.txt file and changed "SET GuildHistoryCacheMaxNumberOfDays_trader "7"" from 30days to 7.... INSTANTLY FIXED the problem and has been fine since.. I've since done this on my own PC as well and everyone elses i know and problem solved.

If thats not enough and 100% clear as to how to fix the problem i dont know what is..

IF ZOS makes that change and forces the 30 without fixing the underlying problem 1st I'll quit the game as they are clueless and I've lost all hope they will ever have any reasonable level of support. While theyre at it they can fix my templar bug teleporting as well. With all 12 class passives enabled, oakensoul ring and a lighting staff equipped ANY companion of mine errors out after teleporting everytime... if i remove any one item or 4 class passives its fine as it always has been.. make sense of that? Ive had THAT issue over a year now and sent in 10+ tickets.. I doubt theyll ever fix it TBH. I've givin up hope.

Last edited by sinnereso : 05/02/24 at 03:08 PM.
05/09/24, 04:16 AM   #46
Magic Charmer
Originally Posted by sinnereso View Post
Well consider this the demonstration you seek.
The babes system for weeks now since THAT update has had an additional 15-20sec teleport/load times which includes ressing in pvp where your actually visible and killable for that 15secs she cant even respond to.

We have with no visible change:

1. tried with addons disabled.. no change
2. tried with all addons disabled and deleting addonsettings.txt, usersettings.txt, shadercache(i realize it will cook shaders after this once), ZO_ingame.lua, ZO_internalingame.lua, ZO_pregame.lua and errors and logs..... no change
3. completlely uninstalled and reinstalled game with no addons installed... no change
4. reviewed and reset to defaults her nvidia grafics driver settingsand even tried minimum "LOW" ingame gfx settings and made sure was updated to latest version... no change
5.ONLY after finding a post regarding the GUILDHISTORY settings in the usersettings.txt file and changed "SET GuildHistoryCacheMaxNumberOfDays_trader "7"" from 30days to 7.... INSTANTLY FIXED the problem and has been fine since.. I've since done this on my own PC as well and everyone elses i know and problem solved.

If thats not enough and 100% clear as to how to fix the problem i dont know what is..

IF ZOS makes that change and forces the 30 without fixing the underlying problem 1st I'll quit the game as they are clueless and I've lost all hope they will ever have any reasonable level of support. While theyre at it they can fix my templar bug teleporting as well. With all 12 class passives enabled, oakensoul ring and a lighting staff equipped ANY companion of mine errors out after teleporting everytime... if i remove any one item or 4 class passives its fine as it always has been.. make sense of that? Ive had THAT issue over a year now and sent in 10+ tickets.. I doubt theyll ever fix it TBH. I've givin up hope.
I agree.

Originally Posted by sinnereso View Post
Not sure if this is related to addons at all or just the ingame code but something else related to the new guild history has been discovered..

MANY are experiencing brutally long 15-20sec delays using watshrines or porting in general due to the below setings in usersettings.txt.. The following changes fixes it.

Code:
SET GuildHistoryCacheAutoDeleteLeftGuilds "1"
SET GuildHistoryCacheMaxNumberOfDays_ava_activity "7"
SET GuildHistoryCacheMaxNumberOfDays_activity "7"
SET GuildHistoryCacheMaxNumberOfDays_milestone "7"
SET GuildHistoryCacheMaxNumberOfDays_trader "7"
SET GuildHistoryCacheMaxNumberOfDays_banked_currency "7"
SET GuildHistoryCacheMaxNumberOfDays_banked_item "7"
SET GuildHistoryCacheMaxNumberOfDays_roster "7"
Please read my comment here.

Thank you.

Last edited by Magic Charmer : 05/09/24 at 10:42 AM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Guild History Issues thread