09/29/14, 01:51 PM   #1
dominoid
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Help Reviving Add-on Auto Emote

With chat bubbles coming in 1.5 it is the belief that role-playing will get a boost in ESO. I'm looking to revive Auto Emote and make the algorithm to play emotes more robust; however, this add-on malfunctions and stops the ESC key from functioning properly - won't bring up the menus. I have checked all the usual known causes and cannot find the culprit. Would someone more in the know kindly take a look at the code and see if something jumps out at you. The code seems straight forward so I'm thinking someone can easily pinpoint it.

TIA
09/29/14, 02:08 PM   #2
RibbedStoic

Originally Posted by dominoid View Post
With chat bubbles coming in 1.5 it is the belief that role-playing will get a boost in ESO. I'm looking to revive Auto Emote and make the algorithm to play emotes more robust; however, this add-on malfunctions and stops the ESC key from functioning properly - won't bring up the menus. I have checked all the usual known causes and cannot find the culprit. Would someone more in the know kindly take a look at the code and see if something jumps out at you. The code seems straight forward so I'm thinking someone can easily pinpoint it.

TIA
Since the addon I'm currently maintaining is about to be obsoleted by chat bubbles I think I'll take this on. RPing is important to the community, I love supporting it.
09/29/14, 02:47 PM   #3
dominoid
Originally Posted by RibbedStoic View Post
Since the addon I'm currently maintaining is about to be obsoleted by chat bubbles I think I'll take this on. RPing is important to the community, I love supporting it.
Do you mean take-on the project of reviving it or figuring out the ESC key problem?

Either way, I'm happy. ;-)
09/29/14, 02:59 PM   #4
RibbedStoic

Originally Posted by dominoid View Post
Do you mean take-on the project of reviving it or figuring out the ESC key problem?

Either way, I'm happy. ;-)
Fully Revive, but looking at the code it'll most likely be a quick rewrite this evening. I'm not a fan of the style and I'd like to give the user the ability to easily add their own emotes without having to modify a lua file.
09/29/14, 04:00 PM   #5
dominoid
Originally Posted by RibbedStoic View Post
Fully Revive, but looking at the code it'll most likely be a quick rewrite this evening. I'm not a fan of the style and I'd like to give the user the ability to easily add their own emotes without having to modify a lua file.
Great. It's all yours. ;-)
10/09/14, 12:47 PM   #6
RibbedStoic

Just wanted to stop by and say I haven't forgotten about this Addon. Work has been picking up lately but this is still in my crosshairs
04/03/15, 11:12 PM   #7
awesomebilly
damn

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=1013
I fixed the addon, I wish I would have read more comments before updating it.

I recently fixed an escape bug.. and thought.. hell yeah I can fix that.

Anyways, I kept it up.. I want to see if I at least fixed the escape bug.. but please download EmoteIt

Last edited by awesomebilly : 04/03/15 at 11:27 PM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Help Reviving Add-on Auto Emote