10/11/15, 10:59 AM   #1
merlight
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
What goes into filelist.json ?

I've spent a few minutes wondering why http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1208-Dumper.html was missing in add-on list returned by http://api.mmoui.com/game/ESO/filelist.json

Actually it's the whole "Developer Utilities" category (cat35). Is this category excluded intentionally, or is it a bug? And if intended, is there a way (like an optional query argument) to include it?
10/14/15, 12:09 PM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
That catyegory is excluded on purpose because its for exe's and tools that aren't always addon related.

I would suggest we move your adddon to the "Utility Mods" category witch will show up in Minion. Would you be ok with that?
10/14/15, 02:13 PM   #3
merlight
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
That catyegory is excluded on purpose because its for exe's and tools that aren't always addon related.

I would suggest we move your adddon to the "Utility Mods" category witch will show up in Minion. Would you be ok with that?
Thanks, that makes sense, and I could've guessed it when seeing non-addons in "Developer Utilities" and "ESO Tools & Utilities". Would be nice if there was a notice somewhere (e.g. addon upload/manage, or category listing page) that these categories don't show up in Minion.

That Dumper isn't mine, it's just that I saw it in Latest uploads and wanted to try it out.

As for my two addons in Developer Utilities, keep them there. I might add another category next time I update them.
11/07/15, 05:37 PM   #4
CaptainBlagbird

Originally Posted by merlight View Post
Would be nice if there was a notice somewhere (e.g. addon upload/manage, or category listing page) that these categories don't show up in Minion.
Agreed. Most tools in that category are add-ons (even though Utility Mods under stand-alone might be the better category). So I still think it would be useful to have an option in Minion to include this category, or at least it should display the installed add-ons from that category so that updates can be installed automatically.

Last edited by CaptainBlagbird : 11/07/15 at 05:47 PM.
01/14/16, 06:37 PM   #5
merlight
Reviving because I wrongly assumed that optional categories were also considered. Recently I added optional category Utility Mods to my Torchbug, but it still doesn't show up in filelist. So it's only the main category that counts? Or will optional categories be considered only after I upload a new version?

If it's only the main cat, could you please move Torchbug and Undef Globals Catcher to Utility Mods?

Tagging @Keldor, it seems ESO-Database.com Export AddOn is having the same issue.
01/14/16, 11:34 PM   #6
CaptainBlagbird

Same problem with Developer Suite, I asked the dev if he could set the optional category, but still doesn't show up in minion because minion only uses the main cat I guess.

I don't want to msg everyone to ask if they can put it in another category and now just favorite every add-on I use so it ag least shows me an update notification when I visit esoui

ESOUI » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » What goes into filelist.json ?