08/23/21, 10:20 AM   #1
MisterVex
Map Pins updated for Update 31?

Map Pins is soooo useful, but it's now showing in game as Out of Date. Additionally, it has one annoying bug that I've been hoping would be fixed.

Minion shows the same release 1.74 as the most current. Anyone know of plans for this Addon to be updated or, alternatively, another Addon of similar functionality?

For those unfamiliar with Map Pins, it adds to your map undiscovered items like Wayshrines, Skyshards, Survey and Treasure maps, etc. Very useful for completionists.

Thanks

Last edited by Dolby : 08/23/21 at 02:40 PM.
08/23/21, 02:15 PM   #2
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Out of date doesn't have anything to do with what users think. Although I don't think ZOS will change it, and I forget what we all thought of but, there was once talk of changing the wording so that users do not feel the mod needs updated simply because a patch to the game was released.

https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9295

Last edited by Sharlikran : 08/23/21 at 02:21 PM.
08/23/21, 02:40 PM   #3
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Sorry your post shows as edited by me, I edited to revert a change a moderator accidently made.
08/23/21, 02:57 PM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hello MisterVex,

please watch the sticky posts at the top of the forums before posting new posts. They often inform you with instructions, like "Read me first please before...", especially if you are new and want to ask questions that others had before.

That said, pelase read this https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9865 (your question would relate to the headline "If you request an addon fix/update/revive").
Thank you for your understanding that addon questions related to a specific addon should not be created in the forums, and that requesting an addon update just for "out of date" reasons is nothing that needs further posts (as you can read at the link Sharlikran provided you above). Please also accept that, especially at a patch day", updates will take longer and you need to wait for a few days or even weeks. Addon devs also are on vacations e.g.

Other addons like Map Pins which have been there before, but do not combine all in 1 addon:
Destinations or Quest Map
Lorebooks
Skyshards

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Map Pins updated for Update 31?