08/20/23, 10:25 AM   #1
ezchunka
Crash on startup after MM update

Last night I saw the new patch for MM 3772 on Minion. I of course updated, and started getting crash report window whenever I logged in on a character. Disabling MM allows me to log in fine. Going back to 3771 or 3770 gets me the same error. I have tried removing MM, and reinstalling via Minion. I also tried to remove and reinstall using ESOUI file directly. Same issue.

After seeing the reporting came from AGS, I disabled that addon and kept MM on, still crashed. Loads fine with AGS active and MM disabled.

English language, nothing in guild filters. Not holding down any keys when I log in. Again, the issue happens at log in.

https://sir.insidi.at/or/logviewer/2y2oiN is the link to my debug info, and the error message I have stored from the crash is
Attached Files
File Type: txt MMCrash.txt (1.3 KB, 154 views)

Last edited by ezchunka : 08/20/23 at 10:31 AM.
08/21/23, 12:57 AM   #2
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I applaud you for reading the sticky post and providing the log file, much appreciated. However, the last line explains your situation "user:/SavedVariables/GS12Data.lua:615391: unexpected symbol near '<eof>" so you have corrupted files.

I do have an in game button to click that usually resolves the situation however, I'm not sure you can get the game to work well enough to click it so do the manual steps listed below.

1. Exit the game
2. Delete all the GSxxData.lua files (00 to 17) under SavedVariables
3. Delete the LibGuildStore.lua file under SavedVariables
4. Log in

Then wait for the refresh to complete. It must finish to test other things.

https://esouimods.github.io/3-master...orthefirsttime

That is an abbreviated example of the notifications that will appear in the chat window for the refresh.

After the refresh finishes be sure you enable Detailed Information on Graph points. If you enable that and all the information is there for the dots then your LibHistorie cache was not corrupted as well and you are good to go. Then make a backup about once a week in case this happens again.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 08/21/23 at 10:40 AM.
08/21/23, 08:01 AM   #3
ezchunka
Sir, you are being the man! Works perfectly! Thank you for preventing me from having to load a different addon And thanks for the addon... such a huge help.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Crash on startup after MM update