11/01/23, 06:16 PM   #1
doru
MM not updating

Today MM quit updating. Last sale was about 20 hrs ago. I tried to refresh Libguildstore and the setimated "events" are ever increasing, with an estimated "0" minutes remaining.
Here is the message: "LibGuildStore Refresh Not Finished: 1089533 estimated events and 0 minutes remaining"
It started with about 1082200 estimated events, about 1 1/2 hr ago.
Is this normal? Or what should I do?
Thanks
11/01/23, 07:17 PM   #2
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
For anyone else reading this, just linking and refreshing sales and trying to update by resting information and then possibly uninstalling and installing MM isn't going to change the server behavior at all. So stop needlessly trying to throw spaghetti on the wall to see what happens.

You all know it is due to ZOS data restrictions. You all know that when you log in you have the possibility for new sales after you log in and older sales for the time you were not playing. I call these online and offline sales.

The game developers only provide a way to request offline sales and those requests can be denied by the server. There is no way to request online sales.

If you are online for 20 hours and no new sales come in then there is enough of a server demand that they will not come in, period. LibHistoire is not broken, MM is not broken, nothing is out of date, nothing is wrong, nothing happened, the U40 didn't change anything. and so on.

In fact the more you mess with things the greater chance you have at doing something I would not do and cause the internal MM variables to get completely messed up that I use to track when the refresh has finished.

The tracking variables are per session so the only way to reset them is to log out and then log in. Once you do that be sure you link your sales as shown in the docs. If you want to refresh then you can. However, do it only once. Then wait until it's finished. If that doesn't work other variables could be messed up so you can log out and log in again. Then try the refresh again. Maybe it will calm down after that.

I just logged on today and got sales and had no issue but I didn't stay to see if new sales were coming in or not. It's all based on server load anyway. Mods don't have a way to tell you, "Hey the server is under load, you will not get sales!!!!!" because it's not an option from the developers.
11/01/23, 08:22 PM   #3
doru
Thanks for your answer. i haven't done anything out of the ordinary. I logged in with one toon, and did what I do every day: update sales history (hit E) for every guild I'm in. Unlike very other time, the orange arrows turned blue right away without showing on the screen the sales. I logged out and logged in with another toon. The sales history showed blue, but when you hit "mail" or if you interact with the banker to check your guild sales, they were all stuck when I quit the game yesterday. 20 hours ago at that time. This is when I thought to give a try and refresh the LibGuilStore. The message is still the same, and the events have increased to 1089868 with 0 minutes remaining.
So logging off and logging in didn't fix my issue, nor did refreshing the LibGuildStore.
And my sales were always linked.
So I am not sure what happened, or where I messed up. I'm ready to take any blame, but I also would like to know what I did wrong so this won't happen again, but I can't find a fault. I'm 65 and I usually don't mess with stuff that's working, or so i learned.
The personal sales window for the last 2 hrs plus is blank, with that little blue circle just turning.
Thanks for trying to help
11/01/23, 09:40 PM   #4
NeuroticPixels
Addon Addict

Premium Member
I've had MM info get corrupted before from the game crashing while MM was doing its thing. (Game crash wasn't due to MM. I blame ZOS... and the fact that I use over 200 addons.)
Maybe that's what happened in your case?

If you don't already use it, I highly recommend ESO Saved Variables Auto Backup. It has saved my butt too many times to count. If you had been using that, you could have reverted your LibHistoire and/or LibGuildStore to a slightly older file and perhaps fixed the issue.

I'm sorry I can't assist further. I do hope you figure it out.

Last edited by NeuroticPixels : 11/01/23 at 10:19 PM.
11/01/23, 10:02 PM   #5
Sharlikran

The only two reasons corruption happens is when the game crashes and corrupts files or when OneDrive resets the files to an older version loosing the important data MM needs to work correctly.

Since I don't know what your situation is then lets try an older manual method.

1. Exit the game
3. Delete the LibGuildStore.lua file under SavedVariables
4. Log in

Then wait for the refresh to complete. It must finish before you do anything. Do not even do writs. Just stand there and do nothing but move once and a while to keep from going AFK.

When the refresh is complete then see if you can see all the detailed information for the dots on the MM graph. If you do not have the busy or rotating blue circle in the MM window and you can see all the information for the dots on the graph you should be good.

Just don't expect new sales while you are logged in if the server is under a load. As I mentioned you will only know if you simply don't see new sales show up.
11/01/23, 10:21 PM   #6
doru
thank you for both replies. I will try that method deleting the file LibGuildStore.lua
And I will also try that saved variables backup file/program. I assume it's also installed with Minion?

Thanks all
I will report back with what my findings are
11/01/23, 10:53 PM   #7
doru
Hmm, something is definitely wrong. I deleted the LibGuildStore.lua file after I completely exit the game. I restarted the game, and this is what came up:
LibGuildStore Truncate Records Started...
LibGuildStore History Intialization started...
[Warning] Your LibHistoire data will be deleted when Update 41 is released! Read more about it here:
https://sir.insidi.at/or/2023/11/01/...d-libhistoire/ [Click here to disable this warning]
LibGuildStore configured for Full Indexing.
Master Merchant Initializing...
Master Merchant Initialized: retaining 0 sales, 0 Purchases, 0 Listings, 0 Posted, 0 Canceled.
LibGuildStore Refresh Not finished: 1090316 estimated events and 0 minutes remaining.

And I am back where i started, with 2 additions: the warning i never had before and all the zeros in all categories, which before there wasn't one nil value.

The LibHistoire - Guild History Status window shows all blue bars. The personal Sales window is blank, and through all Guilds everybody has 0 sales/purchases etc.

Not sure what to do lads?
11/02/23, 12:14 AM   #8
NeuroticPixels
Addon Addict

Premium Member
Originally Posted by doru View Post
I will try that method deleting the file LibGuildStore.lua
And I will also try that saved variables backup file/program. I assume it's also installed with Minion?
No. It's a desktop application. So you'd download and install it like you would any other program.
11/02/23, 08:08 AM   #9
Sharlikran

Originally Posted by doru View Post
Not sure what to do lads?
I'm not sure either because I'm really frustrated with the Refresh procedure. There isn't one built into LibHistoire to tell me exactly when it starts refreshing and when it finishes. When I make the refresh routine I have to sit there and do it over and over and over again until I feel like it will work properly. I have to add messages to make sure I see what is going on as it happens. I have an older computer so things are probably slower for me but with an approximately 1,090,316 events I won't know what LibHistoire is doing so I can properly obtain the sales data.

I'll see if I can try an older refresh method and upload a different version.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 11/02/23 at 08:47 AM.
11/02/23, 11:30 AM   #10
Sharlikran

After it's approved, download 1.5.1 of LibHistoire and tell me if that changes anything.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 11/02/23 at 12:01 PM.
11/02/23, 05:01 PM   #11
Magic Charmer
Issue fixed-solved with the latest LibHistoire update just downloaded and installed with Minion

Last edited by Magic Charmer : 11/03/23 at 10:21 AM.
11/02/23, 05:46 PM   #12
doru
I just updated LibHistoire, and as soon as I logged in, it started to refresh/update my sales starting 90 days ago. Fingers crossed, i think it solved the issue. I don't know what happened, but I am 100% sure I haven't done anything to cause this.

Thanks all.
Will chime in once the refresh is done, because it looks like it's gonna take some time.
11/02/23, 07:15 PM   #13
doru
Took over 2 hrs, but thank god it's updated. Everything A OK now
Thanks a bunch!!!!!

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » MM not updating