07/09/20, 01:38 AM   #1
vecny.samotar

pNames

I'm looking for an addon like the obsolete addon pNames since this one no longer works, or someone who would take over and revive this project.

I used the pNames addon for a long time, mainly due to the fact that he managed to write the name of the character in the chat and not the name of the account
07/09/20, 02:49 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The same is possible with pChat addon, even different settings for group, normal chat and guilds exists, and it got more formats to choose from.
07/10/20, 04:42 AM   #3
vecny.samotar

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
The same is possible with pChat addon, even different settings for group, normal chat and guilds exists, and it got more formats to choose from.
I tried the pChat addon but it brought me options that I don't want, the addon pNames I mentioned was simply doing nothing but display the character's name instead of the account name
07/10/20, 07:11 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Maybe change the vanilla UI settings to use character names in the dialogs, should work for the chat as well.
If this is nothing you want I guess someone needs to revice pNames.
But to be honest: I doubt someone will as the chat stuff ic complicated and not that easy to "revive" with recent chat changes ZOs did.
It will most likely break other addons.

So you could use pChat or rChat or other chat addons and disable the non wanted settings e.g.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » pNames