07/09/20, 10:31 AM   #1
NoodleFiend
Minion won't DL/Java will, but won't connect?

I've seen multiple threads about this, but I can't tell if it's actually a minion issue or my admin stuff, suddenly though, even allowed through firewall it will not launcher.

If I launch minion it says this
https://prnt.sc/teuhzx

And that's with the Java download because I couldn't get the x64 or x32 to download, because when I tried it said this :
https://prnt.sc/teuiw7

I just really want minion to work, so if anyone knows anything I'd be grateful for the help!
07/09/20, 10:38 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Did you read the sticky minion troubleshooting thread and tried the ipv6 info there?

Oh and the error messages tells you that you got no access to this folder so you need to allow the access in your antivirus and firewall and other protection tools of your PC.
If this is the download already which is blocked then it's most probabyl your antivirus or the companies one blocking the download.
We cannot help then if you do not got admin rights on your PC and can change the antivirus rules and whitelists.

Last edited by Baertram : 07/09/20 at 10:40 AM.
07/10/20, 08:00 PM   #3
NoodleFiend
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Did you read the sticky minion troubleshooting thread and tried the ipv6 info there?

Oh and the error messages tells you that you got no access to this folder so you need to allow the access in your antivirus and firewall and other protection tools of your PC.
If this is the download already which is blocked then it's most probabyl your antivirus or the companies one blocking the download.
We cannot help then if you do not got admin rights on your PC and can change the antivirus rules and whitelists.
I tried to check other threads even the sticky. Tried it all. Nothing work. Idk how to fix the admin issue and Im not sure if its the root of the issue. Might just restore my computer back 3 months or make sure it wasnt booted in safe mode
07/12/20, 11:01 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Try to create a new user and login with this user, give the user admin rights.
Then install Minion, at best to something else then the standard folder, e.g. c:\Minion
And then try if this works.
Some ppl got problems with java and antivirus etc. and cannot solve it so they update the addons with user B to the folder c:\users\B\documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns (create it manually!) and then after updating them, copy the files over to the user A's folder
c:\users\A\documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns

So you are able to update your addons of user A (playing ESO) by the help of user B (not playin ESO, just created to help).

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion won't DL/Java will, but won't connect?