07/27/20, 05:02 AM   #1
Rishikesa108
MM is not working anymore, I need some help please

Hi, I am using MM since a long time, but now I have a big issue. My MM isn't working anymore. I have changed my pc for a week... because I went 1 week on vacation and I used a notebook pc instead the desktop one. When I returned back home, MM was not working properly. I did the worst thing to do... I pressed "reset" button. After that... RIP MM. I tried to uninstall several times (also deleting variables) and re-install, but nothing. I have 4 trading guilds + 1 not trading guild. My trading guilds are in strategical points, so they have a lot of traffics (buy/sell), and I think that MM isn't able to retrive data. This is the fifth day my MM is dead. Please can you help me ?
07/27/20, 07:25 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info....html#comments

1st "Sticky post" should help you for the "not scanning" problem.
Else: Do a manual scan at the guild histroy to update the data.
07/27/20, 08:23 AM   #3
Rishikesa108
Hi thank you for answering. I have already read the post you linked.
And, I have already done the manual scan from guilds data.
Nothing seems useful.
My MM is always dead.
Wild guess: maybe it's because of the current event...
People has a lot of items to sell/buy, so trading guilds are very busy.
So MM is not working, if someone (me) has uninstalled and re-installed it from the beginning.

Maybe I have to wait the end of the Summerset event: 4th of August.
Fantastic
07/27/20, 09:03 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Could be but if the manual update of the guild history works it should also transport the info to MM then.
Maybe it would take longer, some ppl said it takes like 1-2 hours sometimes, but it should work in total.

But yeah, perhaps wait for the event to end to check again.
I personally heard many times that MM is behaving weird in the past months, so maybe switch to another addon instead (or in addition).

Last edited by Baertram : 07/27/20 at 03:38 PM.
07/27/20, 10:40 AM   #5
Marazota
Originally Posted by Rishikesa108 View Post
Hi thank you for answering. I have already read the post you linked.
And, I have already done the manual scan from guilds data.
Nothing seems useful.
My MM is always dead.
Wild guess: maybe it's because of the current event...
People has a lot of items to sell/buy, so trading guilds are very busy.
So MM is not working, if someone (me) has uninstalled and re-installed it from the beginning.

Maybe I have to wait the end of the Summerset event: 4th of August.
Fantastic
or may be ZOS decided to turn API off again for guild history
07/27/20, 11:25 AM   #6
Rhyono
It's not quite the same, but you may want to make the transition to TTC. I really enjoy not dealing with the lag and lack of data that plagues MM now. The difference is that TTC relies far less on ZOS than MM and ZOS is the weak link here.
07/27/20, 01:14 PM   #7
Sharlikran

I don't think there is a way that it is not functioning at all if you have it active. I'm not really trying to optimize it's performance but make reasonable changes for my own personal use. What I find is that it will get to a specific routine to request guild information and then because of Zos, it is constantly on cooldown at that point.

I am not sure I would try my personal copy because as I make changes one thing I am doing is making sure the settings you can change from the settings menu are used by the program. That may sound counter intuitive but what I mean as an example is that when you move the slider to preserve data for 21 or 30 days of history, with my version that actually effects the program. There is a chance the ESOUI version would use that setting if you change the setting to use Account Wide. If you do though it will then trim data as it sees fit at that point according to the settings you have chosen.

I am not really done with the changes I want to make before trying to see if it could be officially released. However, the mod works and scans just fine.

Also one thing to mention. You need at least one sale on the trader before it will examine that trading guild. I'm sure you do but just as a reassurance if you do then it will scan the guild data. I'm getting constant feedback from it hourly.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 07/27/20 at 05:26 PM.
07/28/20, 05:22 AM   #8
Rishikesa108
Originally Posted by Rhyono View Post
It's not quite the same, but you may want to make the transition to TTC. I really enjoy not dealing with the lag and lack of data that plagues MM now. The difference is that TTC relies far less on ZOS than MM and ZOS is the weak link here.
Please, can you tell me if TTC gives also the total amount of weekly sales for each trader guilds ?
I need this and of course the item-prices, estimated based on previous sales.
Thank you.
07/28/20, 06:28 AM   #9
Sharlikran

Rishikesa108 as I am mentioning there is nothing wrong with MM. Did you get it working? If not then you still need to install it properly. TTC and MM are completely different.

Did you install MM with Minion?
07/28/20, 07:27 AM   #10
Rishikesa108
Originally Posted by Sharlikran View Post
Rishikesa108 as I am mentioning there is nothing wrong with MM. Did you get it working? If not then you still need to install it properly. TTC and MM are completely different.

Did you install MM with Minion?
Dear, I am using MM since a long time. Yes I have made a great mistake pressing the "reset" button, but I know how to install addons and of course MM.
Yes, I am using Minion for all my addons.
Yes, I have tried to manually retrieve data from trading guilds.
Yes, I have sold a lot of items after the MM issue, but none it's been registered.
After many days my MM window is totally empty.
My verbous message is set on 4.
MM is trying to retrieve data from guilds (a lot of percents are shown), but it is not able right now.
Totally blocked.
It's not working.
07/28/20, 08:01 AM   #11
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
As the server was laggy and the login queue was activated yesterday (at least on EU) it might be the ZOs disable it again for addons to less-stress the servers.
If it works for others though it's unlikely they only did disable it "for you"

Maybe wait a few more days.

And about TTC:
Check the description of the addon please, it should be written there what it is able to do and what not.
Or have a look at ATT as well https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...radeTools.html
07/28/20, 08:19 AM   #12
Sharlikran

The basic theme of your original post was you clicked the reset button and now MM is not working. "Not working" is not informative and does not help anyone understand if you know how MM works or if you installed the mod properly.

Over the past few months I have observed strange user posts and they all say the mod doe not work. Some explain the error but the error simply can not happen. I asked users to provide me with their entire Addons folder to troubleshoot these outlandish errors. Three people responded. All I did before testing their issue was to reinstall the mods with Minion. With all the testing, I never reproduced their issue.

When I provide them with the folder to replace theirs, they say they no longer have the error. I did that to test things so I am not doing it anymore. It showed me that these errors are not because the mod has issues.

So when I say, "If it is not working then you need to install it properly" it is not a disrespectful comment toward you. It is to get you away from this thinking that the mod is broken and the author needs to update it, that possibly you need to reinstall it, or that because you clicked a button that now the mod is broken and does not work.

MM is the one mod that people complain about its performance the most. The complaint is that it does not obtain the information users want quickly. It makes users think it is not working. As far as I know ZOS has placed restrictions that make it take a very long time to complete what it needs. It is not the fault of the mod in any way.

After editing out the guild names, that is what you should see when verbose is set to 4. That means it is working and installed properly.

If you set verbose to 5 you will notice there is a message repeated that says something about retrieving guild information, and that it was on cooldown. This is what I mean when I say "as far as I know" ZOS has placed restrictions. Because the message appears so frequently that the mod is on cooldown, I feel the developers of ESO restrict this information because it is requested by users so often that it impacts the game server.

All you have to do is log in, set verbose to 4, make sure it is reporting that it is working by saying "Guild Name X minutes (%)" or "Guild Name X hours (%)" and if it is doing that then do not log off or switch chars. The amount of time to finish depends on the amount of sales. I did not write the mod but it would appear that if you log off before it finishes it will start over each time.

MM will take forever depending on the amount of sales in your 5 guilds. This means you could have to wait 1, 2, 5, or up to 10 hours for it to finish. This is not an exaggeration or an attempt to be disrespectful or humorous.

Baertram already suggested this but these are the combinations you could try.

Option 1: Tamriel Trade Centre and Arkadius' Trade Tools

Option 2: Tamriel Trade Centre and Master Merchant

Either of those two combinations will provide you with the information you need. Some people in the guilds I am in prefer ATT over MM because it has less features and therefore does not have such a performance impact on the users game. MM simply processes more information.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 07/28/20 at 08:33 AM.
07/28/20, 09:23 AM   #13
Rishikesa108
Thank you Sharlikran for taking time to answer me.
Sorry for my bad english, but it's not my native language.
I think my MM is working properly, because my verbose is the same you showed.
Nevertheless, it's taking more then 10 hours to show something on my MM window.
I can't play 24/24 hours waiting for MM fixing.
I can't play without changing char sometime... every 2 or 3 hours I mean.
I have been played a long time without interruption, but it is still not working.
Maybe it needs really something about 24 hours playing and without changing char.
But it's humanly impossible.
N.B. my trading guilds (fortunately) are very busy ones... but I don't want to change guilds, picking up the remotest ones to have MM working again.
07/28/20, 10:11 AM   #14
Sharlikran

Thank you Sharlikran for taking time to answer me.
Sorry for my bad english, but it's not my native language.
I think my MM is working properly, because my verbose is the same you showed.
Nevertheless, it's taking more then 10 hours to show something on my MM window.
I can't play 24/24 hours waiting for MM fixing.
I can't play without changing char sometime... every 2 or 3 hours I mean.
I have been played a long time without interruption, but it is still not working.
Maybe it needs really something about 24 hours playing and without changing char.
But it's humanly impossible.
N.B. my trading guilds (fortunately) are very busy ones... but I don't want to change guilds, picking up the remotest ones to have MM working again.
Then I suggest uninstalling Master Merchant. However, leave your saved vars files for master merchant there. Don't delete them they will not cause the game to run slower. Just in case you don't like ATT and feel you have to revert back to MM regardless of how long it takes to update everything.

Because of the importance of how they work together and because you need some kind of alternative, install the other mods mentioned. When you use the EXE for Tamriel Trade Centre you do not need to make an account. Just run it as is without changing any configuration. If it errors and closes, open it again. Once it is running it should look like this.

Go with Option 1: Tamriel Trade Centre and Arkadius' Trade Tools

Last edited by Sharlikran : 07/28/20 at 10:17 AM.
07/28/20, 10:40 AM   #15
sirinsidiator

Master Merchant is working fine. The issue is that it is now on a cooldown when it requests data. For busy trading guilds that means it may take 10-20 hours to pull the complete history. Since you reset your data, this is exactly what it tries to do before it shows you anything. The only solution is that you open the guild history menu and press E until the keybind button on the bottom of the screen disappears, indicating that you fetched all available data. Then you will have to wait a few minutes for MM to process the data and afterwards repeat that for each of your guilds. Once you have done that it should show the sales as before.
In addition you will need to do the same if you skip playing a few days, or don't play long enough for it to show the "no more results" message for all your guilds in chat before you log out. In that case it's enough to press E until you see that the results for x days ago show up at the bottom of the list. This takes me like 2 minutes every day after login for 3 guilds and ensures MM keeps working.
07/28/20, 12:24 PM   #16
Rishikesa108
Guys, thanks to you all, really.
I especially thank Sirinsidiator for the words "press E until the keybind button on the bottom of the screen disappears".
I had never recovered data up to 100%, I had always stopped before.
It took me about 1 hour pressing E... I am very tired right now, but YESSSS: MM is working again !!!
Thanks guys, thanks so much
I will never press reset anymore, I swear...
07/28/20, 12:27 PM   #17
Rishikesa108
Can anyone tell me the reason why Zos gave these limitations in MM data recovery?
I miss the ratio under this action.
07/28/20, 01:31 PM   #18
sirinsidiator

Can anyone tell me the reason why Zos gave these limitations in MM data recovery?
I miss the ratio under this action.
The sales history uses lots of up server resources as it combines a lot of information about players, guilds and sales. When ZOS designed that feature, they never intended for users to keep requesting that data all the time. After MM and ATT became too wide-spread, they effectively turned into a DDOS attack on the server, making the game unplayable during primetime. So ZOS had two choices, either completely disable the history (which they did initially), or throttle it so addons can no longer automatically generate a request volume that destabilizes the server. They did say they will deliver a better solution which solves this problem at a later time, but we are still waiting for that since over a year.
07/28/20, 02:49 PM   #19
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Guys, thanks to you all, really.
I especially thank Sirinsidiator for the words "press E until the keybind button on the bottom of the screen disappears".
I had never recovered data up to 100%, I had always stopped before.
It took me about 1 hour pressing E... I am very tired right now, but YESSSS: MM is working again !!!
Thanks guys, thanks so much
I will never press reset anymore, I swear...
Oh sorry, I should have been more clearly as I wrote above:
Else: Do a manual scan at the guild histroy to update the data.
I emant the same (like described in the MM sticky 1st comment as well I had linked): Press E to manually update the history until you get all data
I feel you haha, happy recovering for you fingers.
07/29/20, 06:08 AM   #20
Rishikesa108
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Oh sorry, I should have been more clearly as I wrote above:

I emant the same (like described in the MM sticky 1st comment as well I had linked): Press E to manually update the history until you get all data
I feel you haha, happy recovering for you fingers.
ahaha
yes my fingers are getting better
thank you

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » MM is not working anymore, I need some help please