03/15/20, 04:08 PM   #1
Atharaon
[Request] Any addons to change housing map location/compass direction?

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone has come across an addon that allows you to change a particular location marker to show at another point on a map? If not, perhaps you know how to make such a thing? I'll do my best to explain what I'm looking for.

Let's say I own Forgemaster Falls - it has access by boat so it isn't tied to one specific location where you can see it from outside. So this house is located north of Old Orsinium in Wrothgar.

So I go to my house via the boat and suddenly my map shows me I'm no longer at the port but in northwest Wrothgar. Now let's say I want to pretend it's located in Rivenspire instead of Wrothgar. Obviously I cannot literally move the house to another zone. However, the house itself is surely in its own little worldspace separate from Wrothgar proper and doesn't technically need to show on the map as being there?

So I'm asking, is there a way that I can change the house's map coordinates so that when i zoom out of the local map to the region map, it shows Rivenspire instead of Wrothgar? I was hoping somehow changing local coordinates could achieve this by making the game show the regional map of Rivenspire instead of Wrothgar despite not actually moving anything.

E.g.
Old: Forgemaster Falls > Wrothgar, with map marker in NW corner > Tamriel
New: Forgemaster Falls > Rivenspire, with map marker on some inaccessible coast > Tamriel

The second part of my question should be more straightforward and relates to the compass. Is it possible to set north to a different direction when in a specific house? Using Forgemaster Falls as an example again, the compass shows north is sort of out over the bay. Let's say I want the compass to show north is in the complete opposite direction, so the bay appears to be to the south. Can this be done?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out here!
03/15/20, 04:26 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hi,

afaik the addons cannot change the map data in total, just add new pins to the maps or hide them. But there is no way I can think of re-assigning an object to a totally different map. I gues this is internally and cannot accessed by the addons (guess if this would be possible there coiuld be created some really confusing addons).

About the compass:
It's somehow attached to the maps so not sure if you can change the directions. Maybe someone else knows if this would be possible but I also doubt it is.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » [Request] Any addons to change housing map location/compass direction?