01/12/24, 02:44 AM   #1
renfrow

Prepopulate Recipient|Subject in Postmaster

I have multiple accounts, but, only want to pay for one ESO+. So, I use Postmaster on a single char, in the non-ESO+ account, to fetch all the hireling email attachments, and then send them to the ESO+ account. It would be a lot easier if I could prepopulate the recipient and subject lines, then simply add the materials. I've added prefs, to Postmaster, for them, and have the populated values being saved. However, I have not, yet, found a place to fill in the fields. I've tried all sorts of events, to no avail. Some fail because the ZO_MailSendSendToField is nil, and some fail because the composer window/tab is not yet, or no longer, valid. I've tried pre-hooks and post-hooks, to no avail. I'm currently trying to find if there's a scene change that would get me to what I want, but, haven't found one.

So.... anyone know how I can get to a point where the email fields are valid, whether it is a scene change, event, appropriate pre/post hook or whatever?

Thanks!
Renfrow.
01/12/24, 04:43 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you are searching for a solution/working addon:
FCO ChangeStuff got that features with favorites recipients, subjects, texts and even remembers the lasts send values (and provides a "last send" history) if you enable it at the settings.

Check FCO ChangeStuff settings -> mail

And directly at the mail send panel top left you will see the "mail settings" chain icon then where you can click and see the contextmenu with the possible settings.
Right clicking the subject, recipient, text fields add more options then to add to favorites, remove from, last send data, etc.

That way sending multiple emails to the same recipient, and remembering + reusing last send works very well.

If you are searching for the code check the src/FCOCS_mail.lua files, but please provide proper credits in your addon then if you release it. Thanks

Last edited by Baertram : 01/12/24 at 04:46 AM.
01/12/24, 04:55 AM   #3
renfrow

I kept plugging away at it, and found that the scene was "mailSend" and was able to get everything plumbed together.

I see that you are on the Authors list, of Postmaster, would you like me to send the "finished" product to you?

Renfrow.
01/12/24, 05:41 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I am? I guess you got the wrong addon then, an outdated/old one?
Here is the actual "Postmaster Mail" addon, last updated (Version 4.1.6 @PacificOshie 2023-08-21), which must be used as a base for the addon please!
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...asterMail.html

With the following authors:

Reach out to PacificOshie please if you want to have something added.
01/12/24, 10:28 AM   #5
renfrow

Yes, that's the one that I modded. You're included at the top of Postmaster.lua:

Postmaster = {
name = "Postmaster",
title = GetString(SI_PM_NAME),
version = "4.1.6",
author = "silvereyes, Baertram, Garkin & Zierk",
I will, however, reach out to PacificOshie about integrating this to the codebase.

Renfrow.
01/13/24, 07:48 AM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
That's interesting. Might have helped silvereyes in the past but I never was an author of it

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Prepopulate Recipient|Subject in Postmaster