08/03/16, 09:06 AM   #1
TERAB1T
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Exclamation Important info for those who use Russian localization in their addons

Hi! I'm representative of the RuESO team, unofficial Russian translation project. Before 2.5 update, ESO didn't support Cyrillic characters, so we used custom fonts, where some Latin characters were replaced by Cyrillic glyphs. Now ESO does support Cyrillic, so we need to move on and get rid of this obsolete technique. Now we use normal fonts, where Cyrillic characters are on the right place (no Latin characters replacement anymore). So if your addon contains Russian translation, it doesn't work anymore and need conversion. Please contact people who made translation for your addon (and provide them this link), or contact me (so I can convert it myself), or convert it by yourself with programs below.

1. Simple strings converter

This program is suitable for simple strings (without excess).

Download | Source

Usage:
Paste your string, press the button, enjoy the results.

Example:
Paste "AÀÁÂÄaàáâä", press the button and you will get "АБВГДабвгд".

2. Complex strings converter

This program is suitable for conversion of the whole file (with Lua constructs and other stuff). Don't use it on files with French and German strings! Or they'll be broken.

Download | Source

Usage:
Paste content of the whole file (ru.lua or something similar), press the button, paste converted text back to the file, enjoy the results.

Example:
For this example we will use addon AUI - Advanced UI. Download the addon, open the file \AUI\L10n\ru.lua. Copy its content and paste it to the program. Press the button and copy converted text back to the file.

-----------------------------------------------------------

We apologize for any inconvenience caused. And again - if you don't want to use any programs, just contact me and I'll do all the work.
08/03/16, 10:51 AM   #2
Ayantir

Thank you, I updated Lorebooks with the tool.
If there is a problem just leave a comment
08/04/16, 11:18 AM   #3
calia1120

Awesome! Thank you for this.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Translation Help » Important info for those who use Russian localization in their addons