09/19/24, 02:25 PM   #1
sinnereso
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Question assistance with trading house inventory view

I'm looking to create a very small addon feature that via a button( or something undecided) can swap the trading house sell tab inventory view between player inventory / bank list for the ability to list items directly from the bank with no required libraries. I've been researching and messing around but have only managed to get the bank to overlay overtop of the player inventory so you can see both lol.

Is there a way to I guess (hide the player inventory and show the bank) and also (show player inventory and hide bank)? I assume these are tradinghouse fragments? I've never used fragments yet so unsure how they work exactly.

Last edited by sinnereso : 09/19/24 at 02:33 PM.
09/19/24, 04:48 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Check Craftbag Extended code as it adds craftbag fragment to mail and trading house afaik.
Provide proper credit please.

For fragment's check the Wiki please. They are reusable code with controls attached to them (e.g
Inventory Fragment with list control) added to scenes. A scene can have multiple fragment's and upon changing a tab at the UI for example the scene manager removes fragment a and adds fragment b (bank deposit vs. bank withdraw e. G.).

Scene handling and fragment changes are done in the lua code of your addon.
KEEP IN MIND: Manipulating vanilla scenes or fragments might break other addons, most likely Awesome Guild Store, MM and other trading related ones, in your example. Test those popular in combination please or clearly state to NOT use in combination with your addon!

Last edited by Baertram : 09/19/24 at 04:52 PM.
09/19/24, 06:06 PM   #3
sinnereso
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Check Craftbag Extended code as it adds craftbag fragment to mail and trading house afaik.
Provide proper credit please.

For fragment's check the Wiki please. They are reusable code with controls attached to them (e.g
Inventory Fragment with list control) added to scenes. A scene can have multiple fragment's and upon changing a tab at the UI for example the scene manager removes fragment a and adds fragment b (bank deposit vs. bank withdraw e. G.).

Scene handling and fragment changes are done in the lua code of your addon.
KEEP IN MIND: Manipulating vanilla scenes or fragments might break other addons, most likely Awesome Guild Store, MM and other trading related ones, in your example. Test those popular in combination please or clearly state to NOT use in combination with your addon!
TY ill look into them. And yes it will likely break those which I'm aware of and will be handling it. Its those im intending to replace in a very minimalist way to avoid 15 libraries to merely sell from bank(and possibly craft bag) by unit price.

I reached out to sharl but he is unwilling to add the sell from bank feature to his "ttcc" as he feels it would be copying "ags" which i found odd since "ttcc" is 99% identicle to "show ttc price" addon in nearly every way except visual settings panel differences. But all good ill try and work it myself.

Last edited by sinnereso : 09/20/24 at 01:18 AM.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » assistance with trading house inventory view