01/24/24, 01:03 AM   #1
fredd
AddOn that Auto-rejects Friend requests

I've searched to no avail. Does such an addon exist, that auto rejects friend requests? Would anyone consider adding this feature to an existing addon?

I cannot code or I would do it myself. Is there a line of code I could add in one of the existing addons myself or is it more complicated than that?

thanks for your time
01/24/24, 04:14 AM   #2
Masteroshi430

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That's probably more complicated than just one line.
There would be 2 ways to do this :
- Auto reject friend requests
- (if it works) Fill your friend list with fake names (I think the max is 100 friends) so you're maxed and won't be bothered anymore.
01/24/24, 04:22 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
(if it works) Fill your friend list with fake names (I think the max is 100 friends) so you're maxed and won't be bothered anymore.
I'm not sure this would work as friends are not stored locally but on server and the current friends number retuned will be by an API function GetNumFriends reading that data I guess. So you could overwrite it to always return 100 already but not sure if this fixes it to block any new requests for other palyers (I doubt that! It's only locally changed and then will be used to loop your friends list and prepare auto completion for mail receiver helper functions (https://github.com/esoui/esoui/blob/...mplete.lua#L15) etc. -> Could bring you other errors then...).

And one would need to block the "RequestFriend" function but "at the other players" which is not possible by changing it locally at your client via addons! The other players would have to use thata ddon that blocks it, and they wont.

So there is no proper way to block the requests.
You can only put the player's on the ignore list to block them in total, or "not accept" the friends request manually.

Last edited by Baertram : 01/24/24 at 04:57 AM.
01/24/24, 04:48 AM   #4
fredd
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
I'm not sure this would work as friends are not stored locally but on server and the current friends number retuned will be by an API function GetNumFriends reading that data I guess. So you could overwrite it to always return 100 already but not sure if this fixes it to block any new requests for other palyers (I doubt that! It's only locally changed and then will be used to loop your friends list and prepare auto completion for mail receiver helper functions (https://github.com/esoui/esoui/blob/...mplete.lua#L15) etc. -> Could bring you other errors then...).

And one would need to block the "RequestFriend" function but "at the other players" which is not possible by changing it locally at your client via addons! The other players would have to use thata ddon that blocks it, and they wont.

So there is no proper way to block the requests.
You can only put the player's on the ignore list to block them in total, or "not accept" the friends request manually.
Thanks for taking the time to respond Baertram, appreciated as always.
I asked on another forum & I found out there was an out of date addon that I did not find through my ESOUI search
It is in the Beta section from 5yrs ago
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...yDio.html#info

What do you think? is likely to still work?
01/24/24, 05:00 AM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Sorry I cannot answer that, you will have to est it yourself.

But read the description please, it wanrs you about something:

A large caveat to using this AddOn is that if you are spammed friend requests it's possible to get into a weird server state where you cannot accept or send friend requests regardless of if you have any AddOns enabled. I have no idea how often this can occur, but it's possible. After waiting ~8 hours, the server side issues were resolved on their own and I was able to send friend requests and receive them again normally. I cannot guarantee you won't have similar, or worse, issues using this AddOn but in theory there isn't anything in the code that should directly cause this issue.

I'm not sure if this is worth the try and if you get into that state you will be able to properly get out again. It sounds like the addons forces that state somehow so the code uses is not really safe/stable -> beta addon.
It's up to you if you want to risk that or not but I can understand why it happens as Masteroshi and me already pointed out, because there is no easy way to achieve the "auto decline".

Important: Since that addon was released the friendslist and notifications and other parts of the game changed a lot s it might even not work at all OR break other features like guild invite or reject etc. As all of these parts were moved to a so called "social manager" class in ESO code which is used everywhere meanwhile.
01/24/24, 05:22 AM   #6
fredd
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Sorry I cannot answer that, you will have to est it yourself.

But read the description please, it wanrs you about something:

I'm not sure if this is worth the try and if you get into that state you will be able to properly get out again. It sounds like the addons forces that state somehow so the code uses is not really safe/stable -> beta addon.
It's up to you if you want to risk that or not but I can understand why it happens as Masteroshi and me already pointed out, because there is no easy way to achieve the "auto decline".

Important: Since that addon was released the friendslist and notifications and other parts of the game changed a lot s it might even not work at all OR break other features like guild invite or reject etc. As all of these parts were moved to a so called "social manager" class in ESO code which is used everywhere meanwhile.
Thanks for that appreciated I will just have to put up with the status quo

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » AddOn that Auto-rejects Friend requests