Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
03/11/14, 01:24 PM   #1
Aldazar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
As a beginner without PTS access I need help with preparing my Addon

Hi,

first time LUA and Addon developer here. Since I don't have PTS account and won't be able to use the weekend beta for more than 1 or 2 hours I am currently trying to set up as much of my Addon as possible without being able to fiddle around. So I have as much as possible ready for testing on the weekend.

So please excuse any noob questions I might ask.
The idea of the addon is to enable the import of a guild list from an CSV into ESO. In its basic form the Addon should just invite all accounts specified into a manually created guild. (Might be later enhanced to automate the whole guild setup or to supply a guild from lets say a forum member list)

Now to start of with my questions. The first on how do I get the guildId? That I can use in the invite function. Or respectivly what is the luaindex that I need to retrieve the guildID with the following function:
Lua Code:
  1. GetGuildId(luaindex index)
  3.     Returns: integer guildId

The other question is how can I handle or how would I have to format the CSV file. So far I got the following from the wiki:
Lua Code:
  1. local function OnAddOnLoaded(eventCode, addOnName)
  2.     if(addOnName == "AddonName") then
  3.         local savedVars = ZO_SavedVars:New(TGIGuildList, 1)
  4.     end
  5. end
  7. function ImportGuild()
  8.     AddonNameCounter:SetText(string.format("# Invited: %d", counter))
  9.     counter = counter + 1
  10. end
  12. EVENT_MANAGER:RegisterForEvent("AddonName", EVENT_ADD_ON_LOADED, OnAddOnLoaded)

How would the savedVars be accesible/structured if I fill the file as follows:
Code:
name1, name2, name3,
Thanks for everyone reading this far. And thanks in advance for helping me out.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » As a beginner without PTS access I need help with preparing my Addon