05/21/14, 12:38 PM   #1
Stormknight

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm not sure that hunting through categories to find the setting for the addon is actually better than scrolling through the list.

From a usability perspective, my personal preference is that each addon has it's own settings page and it's labelled with the exact same name as the addon so I don't have to remember who the author is.

Scrolling really isn't that much effort.

For me, the only really issue is that addons aren't listed alphabetically, but Options Restacker takes care of that.
05/21/14, 02:48 PM   #2
Sephiroth018

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Stormknight View Post
From a usability perspective, my personal preference is that each addon has it's own settings page and it's labelled with the exact same name as the addon so I don't have to remember who the author is.
That is really necessary, it's easier to remember an addon name then an author name.

Originally Posted by Stormknight View Post
I'm not sure that hunting through categories to find the setting for the addon is actually better than scrolling through the list.
Make it configurable, so you can choose to have it categorized or not. I find it easier to search something by it's job instead of having to remember (most of) the whole name.

Some other thing that I would also really like: Stop making addons with configurations and then let them only be set by a console command. That's really annoying, I have to look on the addon page every time I want to change something for such an addon (if I even know that addon has that feature configurable)

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » LF clever AddOn Menu solution!