08/04/15, 03:04 PM   #1
circonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Altering Virtual Controls

Is there any way to alter attributes of a virtual control/template?

For example the game creates a scrollList dataType using:
Lua Code:
  1. ZO_ScrollList_AddDataType(_, _, "someVirtualControl", ...)
All I want to do is make that template MouseEnabled (without access to the rowSetup function).

Right now I am creating my own virtual control template, inheriting from the one I want to change, altering the mouseEnabled attribute on it, wiping out the dataType the game created & recreating it with my own.
That works, but there are several other dataTypes that I can not recreate because they are created dynamically, but they all use the same "someVirtualControl" template. Which is why I'm looking for a way to just alter the virtual control attribute instead.

Last edited by circonian : 08/04/15 at 06:50 PM.
08/05/15, 12:05 PM   #2
merlight
AFAIK there's no way to alter a template.

I suppose you mean the add-on manager row types. It creates a new row type every time you unfold add-on description with a different height. You can override ZO_AddOnManager:GetRowSetupFunction() and wrap the function it returns with your own. Only the first row type exists before you have a chance to override it, so you'd have to replace its setupCallback yourself.

Would be much easier if ZO_ScrollList_AddDataType used ZO_ControlPool (in which you could simply replace the templateName), but it uses ZO_ObjectPool with the templateName in a closure, inaccessible from the outside.
08/05/15, 02:06 PM   #3
circonian
Originally Posted by merlight View Post
AFAIK there's no way to alter a template.

I suppose you mean the add-on manager row types. It creates a new row type every time you unfold add-on description with a different height. You can override ZO_AddOnManager:GetRowSetupFunction() and wrap the function it returns with your own. Only the first row type exists before you have a chance to override it, so you'd have to replace its setupCallback yourself.

Would be much easier if ZO_ScrollList_AddDataType used ZO_ControlPool (in which you could simply replace the templateName), but it uses ZO_ObjectPool with the templateName in a closure, inaccessible from the outside.
Yes that is what I was talking about. Wow, now it seems like a silly problem. I thought about replacing the setup function, which was to much work. I didn't even think about wrapping it. I guess I was to focused on trying to find a way to alter or replace the template.
Works great Thanks!

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Altering Virtual Controls