04/16/24, 03:42 PM   #1
Ms.Oblivyous
Question Addons off by 7 hours?

I'm using ATT, Votan's Mini Map, and RaffleGold (ok, I use a lot more, but idc about the rest) and they are all off by 7 hours.

When I run RaffleGold, it doesn't see the last 7 hours of deposits that meet the criteria, even though I see them in the guild history.

ATT at trader flip showed one of my guilds having done 112M in sales over the previous week, but my GL confirmed that we actually did 157M. And 7 hours later, ATT updates to match what GL sees in sales (GL runs both ATT and MM).

Votan's isn't a huge deal. I don't really use the clock on my mini map, but this was also how I figured out everything is off by 7 hours.

I'm using Cinnamon Mint Linux. I checked my bios clock (that is in UTC time) and made sure that was correct for my timezone. All addons are up to date according to Minion. None of my addons are giving me errors for dependencies, so I think those are fine.

I can't figure out what/how/why I have this issue. And to make it worse, I'm the only one in all of my guilds that has this issue.
04/16/24, 05:48 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Just a wild guess as I do not know if this is possible:
Maybe your clock was not synced and the timestamps saved to the SavedVariables were then unsynced and 7hours off.

If e.g. any addon uses ZOs or lua functions to get the date and time they rely on the os.date or os.time functions and if your client's clock is wrong, it could be an issue then (I think).

The addons write the data to your disc into the SavedVariables files, probably with a timestamp number format (time from initial time counting until today).
If all of them are off the same timerange then it would make sense that they got saved wrong.

Last edited by Baertram : 04/17/24 at 05:26 AM.
04/16/24, 06:37 PM   #3
Ms.Oblivyous
Ya know, this makes some sense now that I think about it. I backed up all my addons and sv's when I reinstalled my computer. I didn't reinstall anything once I got the new parts installed. I just copy and pasted the file in.

So I guess I'll go start digging around to see if I can figure out how to find timestamps and how to update the client clock.
04/16/24, 07:39 PM   #4
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Cinnamon Mint Linux

Linux is not supported you won't find it here. I am disinterested in going back and forth about WINE and Proton. I know people play the game with issues but it works. If you can get it to work then fantastic.

What you are talking about doing and your issue has nothing to do with Linux. Especially any 7 hours that something did or didn't update. The game and the saved variables don't know nor do they care if it's Linux, Mac, or PC. Editing any timestamps in the saved variables would just be giving a random time to data and if you compare sales with someone on PC then it would be wrong because you hand entered the time.

So all of what you are doing is simply unnecessary. Don't mess with anything in the saved variables at all.

You mentioned "I didn't reinstall anything once I got the new parts installed" and that also has nothing to do with what you are reporting. You could do that on a PC and I have docs fro MM for users that need that.

Again nothing to do with what you are talking about at all because if I copy my data from last week and then my file become corrupt I could restore my backup and because I didn't manually edit any files all my data has accurate timestamps and all my sales totals would be about the same as anyone else.

You are also listing a bunch of mods like votan's minimap that has nothing to do with anything at all. It would not matter one iota if I had the same mods as you that's not going to affect anything you are talking about.

RaffleGold isn't updated to work with the current version of the game so that's no surprise there. Uninstall it.

my GL confirmed that we actually did 157M. And 7 hours later, ATT updates to match what GL sees in sales (GL runs both ATT and MM).
You are simply late to the party.

https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10913
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10879
https://www.google.com/search?client...ing+experience
https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscroll...o_run_a_trade/
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.co...story-problems

you can log in and be playing for 7 hours, 10 hours, or two days for all I care and not see sales because the category will break. Everyone is affected, you included, so if your ATT doesn't have sales for 7 hours and then magically 7 hours later it does then it is working as well as it is going to.

There are more changes and bug fixes to come as mentioned here.

Don't modify anything, because, you don't need to. In fact ATT only keeps the last 30 days. So if you delete your ATT data and your ZOS cache (no idea where for Linux because it's not supported) then you can request the entire 30 days of data and you would have accurate information.

Code:
~/Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/CachedData/GuildHistory
That's where it is on the Mac and it's probably similar to your Linux setup, maybe. If you find the zos cache files do not delete the folder, just the contents. The folder may not be recreated and thus the files may not be saved.

You are chasing the wind blowing up a steep mountainside. I have to reset the zos cache or, which is a much better recommendation, restore a working backup of the cache on a daily basis. This has been the case since Update 41 went live.

ZOS, sirinsidiator, and myself are constantly talking to ZOS and giving feedback. ZOS is doing a fantastic job getting things going. It's just didn't work out of the box as expected but they are dedicated to get things working. So just be patient nothing you reported is anything that people didn't already know and having no sales data for 7 hours is going to happen. This is not new information.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 04/16/24 at 07:55 PM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Addons off by 7 hours?