08/07/16, 11:48 AM   #1
Baldigar
Request: Sticky Favorite items to the top of inventory

It would be super helpful if you could favorite items in the Crafting Bag interface. Basically, you would right click and flag an item to be considered a Favorite for your char/account. Favorites would show up on the top of the inventory (even above items flagged as Newly Acquired), and applying to all sorting tabs. For example, if I favorite Dreugh Wax, it would be shown on the top of the "All" tab, as well as on top of the "Clothing" tab. The favorites would be sorted by quality first (descending), then alphabetical order.

Also, if possible, add a tab for "Favorites" which only shows favorites, beside the "All" tab. Not super necessary, but nice and easy way to just see favorites.

The whole point of this really is to easily keep track of how much of a material need if you have a goal. For example, Nirnroot for alchemy writs, or Legendary materials if you are working on upgrading gear, or a raw material if you're farming materials for crafting a set of gear. A bunch of uses.

Originally this was only going to be a suggestion for the Crafting Bag, but it could be a super good/powerful feature for the general bag as well. Such as keeping track of consumables or secondary equipment.

If possible, it might be good if could make it so that you can favorite things in only specific tabs, to prevent clutter that might eventually occur. If you could do this, I would have "Favorite" option, and then a secondary set of options listing:
  • "Favorite for All tabs" (disable option if it is already favorited for all tabs)
  • "Favorite for ____ tab"/"Unfavorite from ___ tab" (the tab(s) that the item can be seen in (maybe compatible with other addons)) (switches from Favorite to Unfavorite depending on if it is favorited in ___ tab)
  • "Remove from favorites completely" (enabled as an option if it is saved as favorite for any tabs)
This last part isn't really needed, but it would be nice.
08/08/16, 07:31 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Imo it would not be possible to favorite items of a special type in ALL tabs of the inventory as they get filtered out there and it is not possible (at leats not with easy methods) to disbale the filtering for the special items without breaking the filters all.

As a workaround try
Try using FCOItemSaver e.g. and mark the items you wish to keep an eye on with some of the available icons (maybe the standard "Lock" icon 1).
It will save your items so you don#t accidently destroy/sell/mail/trade them etc.
And you are able to use the filter buttons at the bottom line of your inventory to "only" show the marked items with that icon 1 (lock icon), by puting the filter button to the yellow color at the CraftBag.

This way only the wanted items are shown for you. And they are "save"
Aou are able to apply additional filters and addons like the addon "SortIt" to sort them by quality/stackcount etc.
Maybe Sortit is another addon that will fullfill your requests as well, as long as it supports the craftbag.

Last edited by Baertram : 08/08/16 at 07:41 AM.
08/08/16, 07:38 AM   #3
silvereyes

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Imo it would not be possible to favorite items of a special type in ALL tabs of the inventory
I think the OP meant the favorites would apply in the tab labeled ALL items (i.e. no filtering), and then as well within the specific filter ("craft bag > clothing" in his example)
08/08/16, 07:40 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Oh, ok. I've read it wrong then. This would be possible I think by adding some additionalfilters to the ALL tab as well.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Request: Sticky Favorite items to the top of inventory