11/20/14, 10:18 AM   #1
stealthbr
REQUEST: Target Unit Frame Visible Only In Combat

Hello everyone!

I come here requesting an add-on that hides my target's unit frame unless my character is in combat, similar to the way it works in Skyrim. Here is the link to a video demonstrating exactly what I am talking about (around the 17:40 mark):

http://youtu.be/oSL-r9AIEEU?t=17m42s

Notice that when the player is simply looking at the mammoth, the mammoth's unit frame is hidden. However, when the player initiates combat, the mammoth's unit frame appears. I am not sure if such an add-on can be made, but if someone succeeded in doing so I would be very grateful.

Here is an in-game screenshot with an arrow I drew pointing to the exact UI element that I am talking about.

Thanks!

Last edited by stealthbr : 11/22/14 at 11:36 AM.
11/23/14, 12:09 AM   #2
Garkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This should be really easy to do. Unfortunately I can test it right now, but should be something like this:
Lua Code:
  1. ZO_UnitFrames:RegisterForEvent(EVENT_PLAYER_COMBAT_STATE, function(_, state) UNIT_FRAMES:SetFrameHiddenForReason("reticleover", "combatstate", not state) end)
11/23/14, 02:35 AM   #3
circonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by stealthbr View Post
Hello everyone!

I come here requesting an add-on that hides my target's unit frame unless my character is in combat, similar to the way it works in Skyrim. Here is the link to a video demonstrating exactly what I am talking about (around the 17:40 mark):

Thanks!
Here you go: Hide Target Frame

You can thank Garkin for the posted code for how to hide the frame.
11/23/14, 09:49 AM   #4
stealthbr
Thanks guys!

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » REQUEST: Target health bar visible only in combat