12/12/14, 10:29 AM   #1
iceshock
Request for UI action bar

Hi there, I was wondering if this is possible to do.

Currently, you have the one action bar visable on screen, and when you weapon swap it shows bar two.

I was wondering if it is possible to make a addon that shows both of the bars on screen at the same time and to make macros to use the second bar's abilities as numbers 6 7 8 9 0, but also for the addon two swap weapons automatically to which ever skill it is you are using, so say you have 2H sword for skills 1-5, it swaps to weapon one, but if you press 6-0 the addon swaps to weapon two for you.

I have made a picture explaining what I mean

So, is it possible to make?

Thanks
12/12/14, 11:51 AM   #2
Sasky
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
As a general rule of thumb, any combat actions can't be performed by addons. As requested, the addon would have to 1) perform a weapon slot and 2) modify the actual ability trigger functions.

I'm not familiar enough with how the keybinds are implemented, but it might be possible to effectively lock hotkeys depending on which bar was active.

For example, if you're on weapon 1, 1-5 would work but 6-0 wouldn't do anything (by removing their keybindings). If you're on weapon 2, 6-0 would work but 1-5 wouldn't. You'd still have to manually weapon swap, but it'd prevent you from pressing something on the wrong bar. There is an event (EVENT_ACTION_SLOTS_FULL_UPDATE) that can detect a weapon slot event, so it comes down to whether the keybinds can be redefined at that point.
12/12/14, 12:42 PM   #3
Garkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I have tested just weapon swap, but it would be the same for all action buttons. All those actions requires calling of private function, but it is not allowed from the addon code. It always pops an UI error.

WeaponSwap uses:
* OnSpecialMoveKeyPressed *private* (*[SpecialMove|#SpecialMove]* _slotIndex_)
* OnSpecialMoveKeyDown *private* (*integer* _moveIndex_)
* OnSpecialMoveKeyUp *private* (*integer* _moveIndex_)

ActionButtons use:
* OnSlotDownAndUp *private* (*luaindex* _slotIndex_)
* OnSlotDown *private* (*luaindex* _slotIndex_)
* OnSlotUp *private* (*luaindex* _slotIndex_)

Last edited by Garkin : 12/12/14 at 12:44 PM.
12/13/14, 04:36 AM   #4
iceshock
Ah I see, thanks for the replys tho

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Request for UI action bar