Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
07/23/14, 03:59 AM   #1
zgrssd
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Creating a whole bunch of Elements dynamic from code

I have been thinking for a while now about making something I call the "Event Explorer". A single window that allows you to register every event in the game for simple debugging/testing purposes.
LibConstantMapper provides me the ability to get all the Event ID and thier names in a fully automatic fashion. And later even get me subgroups. My current count for 1.2.6 is 469 Event ID's

The only piece still missing is the GUI side of the equation.
At a simple level the window will look like this:
Window
->Row1
-->Label with event ID
-->Label with event Name
-->Checkbox to enabeled/disable listening to the event
-->maybe extra checkboxes for the way the data is output (into chat, onscreen notification, how detailed the output should be (all parameters or only that the event was fired?))
->Row2
-->Label with event ID
->Row3

I propably have to add some paging/register cards for efficiency.
A later version will likely have some categories/filters/grouping for specific event groups (like all COMBAT Events).

But for now the big issues are the handlers on the first checkbox.
Basically I need one handler that can automagically identify to wich Row (and thus event ID) it belongs too. One handler to regsiter it 469 times at 469 UI Elements.
I wil propably need a big code behind table anyway to hold all the data (wich setting is enabeled/disabeled). So if I need to store something like the UI Element reference after creating it would not be an issue.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Creating a whole bunch of Elements dynamic from code