Yes, probably 2 22.22%
No, probably not 6 66.67%
I don't know 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

02/05/15, 12:24 AM   #1
Gbombus
Thumbs up Rigged Loot Mechanics

Hello guys,

I really think loot mechanics are rigged, modified or cheated in Elder Scrolls Online.
I made few experiments and im 99% sure now ok lets say 97%... that when you farm something off containers, bosses or mobs actually anywhere on the Tamriel fluffing planet there's a flag, a countdown timer on your character that gives zero chances to get another blue or rare item as soon as you looted one.

we're not talking about general chances or probabilities to get your hands on rare stuffs like 0.1% chance for this sword and 0.0001% chance for this helmet like in many other MMORPGs. Im almost sure there's a droprate chance multiplier when u dont logoff for some time but also something that denies you to loot another rare item right away

In ESO and that's a theory for now im not saying it's established facts, i can't prove it but im almost sure that your character is flagged with some countdown timers as soon as you loot a rare item, like a protection in the system to make sure you don't farm as many credz in one day a common dude would spend months to farm that much.
Yea i think its a protection and more like a balance between people who plays 10 hours a day and people who can only play 1 hour a day.

Everytime you loot a blue-purp item you can keep farming hardcore you will not get another rare item for quiet a while unless you come back later logoff 1 or 2 hours and try again.
Everytime you loot a rare item you do that. All of a sudden you will get another blue item in 4-5 runs which will never happen if you dont logoff or give it up for quiet some times.... like there would be a hidden timer that prevents you from finding another rare item but the ammount of containers you have looted are included in the equation, the timer tho has like a 10 times more important factor.

I want to know if you have the same feeling about the loot mechanics system behind the ESO code.
Of course i wouldnt post this on Official forums that's why im here and im wondering if some other people know or feel the same about that.

PS: If the flag is set on the character and not the entire account. People would be able to bypass that chit making 7x level 15 Twinks and switch between em everytime they loot a rare item off containers. Which would prove this cheated environement can be bypassed by even worse manners.

When you play Poker, you don't have 10x more chances to get a four of a kind because you didnt play for a month. It's just scamming to me.

Peace out. Gbomb.

Last edited by Gbombus : 02/10/15 at 03:59 AM.

02/05/15, 02:03 AM   #2
Sasky
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
1. Anecdotes and perception are absolutely terrible for saying something RNG is flawed.

2. Experiments require data. If they're so rare, at least record the time you got drops to demonstrate they're regularly above a threshold. Even better if you include rate of kills, rate of item drops, and %-based amount of blue or green.

3. Where are you grinding/looting and at what level? A level 30 probably wouldn't get very many blue/green overworld compared to VR14 in end-game content.

Last edited by Sasky : 02/05/15 at 02:08 AM.

02/05/15, 02:23 AM   #3
Gbombus
Originally Posted by Sasky View Post
1. Anecdotes and perception are absolutely terrible for saying something RNG is flawed.

2. Experiments require data. If they're so rare, at least record the time you got drops to demonstrate they're regularly above a threshold. Even better if you include rate of kills, rate of item drops, and %-based amount of blue or green.

3. Where are you grinding/looting and at what level? A level 30 probably wouldn't get very many blue/green overworld compared to VR14 in end-game content.
didnt know level was included in the equation but if it was about droprate percentage. that'd be fine.
I farm both at Vet14 and level 15. Still it's not about droprate. It's the timer that annihilates chances of looting rare stuffs for a time being.

i dont have a lifetime for recording all of this... I just want ppl opinions

02/05/15, 06:11 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
My opinion (no VR14, only some VR4 to VR8 chars):
I get several blue items from different mobs inside a quest area in let's say half an hour. I did not count them but there are different ones and I guess about >5.

I don't feel to get these items not often enough, though sometimes it could be more, you are right.
What I experienced is the fact that items with a purple color will only drop very rare, and if they drop you won't get another purple one in the next minutes. But I did not count the minutes.
This is ok for me as purple items are rare and that is why not every 3rd mob will have one (it was actually only frustrating that a spider dropped a purple healing staff..I was thinking about "Hey, that is how they run to the other dead spiders and feed on them. They don#t feed, they use the healing staff! Bastards)

So you might be right but, for me, I don't really care about it

02/05/15, 06:21 AM   #5
QuadroTony
Banned
its another theory like HAPPY servers in diablo3

its totally wrong and easy to break

im grinding alot and i can say there is no any timers
you can loot two purple item in one minute or so
its just RNG
the same with containers
im frming dwemer motives alot

many times i got two motives with extremely low time period

02/09/15, 07:00 AM   #6
Gbombus
I didnt play my VR1 DK Dunmer Vamp for 48 hours or so, i login, getinto questing, third container i loot is a blue item, Argonian motif then for test purpose i keep on looting containers, nothing rare for like 100+ tries. One more time to prove myself i am right about this guys.

But yea need few more tests of course.

02/09/15, 08:01 AM   #7
Ayantir

I made few experiments and im 99% sure now ok lets say 97%... that when you farm something off containers, bosses or mobs actually anywhere on the Tamriel fluffing planet there's a flag, a countdown timer on your character that gives zero chances to get another blue or rare item as soon as you looted one.
No. All looks random.
My huge experience of grinder, coder and monitoring loots for 40pples since months.

The only flag which reset something is the server-side one which triggers as same time ~EVENT_PLAYER_ACTIVATED is triggered. It fulfil (or no, randomly). the content of a container. Each container get it % of random of being fulfilled or not. After the "loot" mecanic is done 1st time you interact with the container. If you take the contents or not, items inside remains same, until next " reset event "

PS: Don't reloadui, when i'm talking about this event, I only mean "you need to use a wayshrine or change map zone".

For tests, Ask your guildmates about 1st floor of dragonstar tavern farm. I did it a lot and get a lot of items. Even better, code a bot ?

pps: the % of a container being fulfilled looks being set at character login. i did't really checked this, but in my sessions of intense farm, looks like this. check it if you want to.

Last edited by Ayantir : 02/09/15 at 08:06 AM.

02/09/15, 10:13 AM   #8
QuadroTony
Banned
Originally Posted by Gbombus View Post
I didnt play my VR1 DK Dunmer Vamp for 48 hours or so, i login, getinto questing, third container i loot is a blue item, Argonian motif then for test purpose i keep on looting containers, nothing rare for like 100+ tries. One more time to prove myself i am right about this guys.

But yea need few more tests of course.
lol you so wrong
its just random

if i record a video when i loot two purple dwemer motives in 10-15 minutes or so - you will trust me?
wear off your tinfoil - this your theory nothing but RNG

Originally Posted by Ayantir View Post
For tests, Ask your guildmates about 1st floor of dragonstar tavern farm. I did it a lot and get a lot of items. Even better, code a bot ?
i gues you mean 2nd floor

Last edited by QuadroTony : 02/09/15 at 10:16 AM.

02/10/15, 02:05 AM   #9
Gbombus
Dwemer dungeon farming attempt today with my level 15 twink i didnt log for like 72+ hours.

I get into the dungeon, loot like 15 first containers im surprised nothing blue pops up already but i got 2x green recipe which proves the luck multiplier is there, it's active.

I keep going deeper into the dungeon looting containers and killing dwemer mobs and dang! only 5 kills and a blue item drop off a mob, a medium belt. Damnit! I already knew i wont get a dwemer motif off containers because of this but just for science i clean the entire dungeon and guess what? Nothing blue or rare after this belt, just 2 green basic armor.

97%->98% even tho you guys say im wrong im still having serious doubts.

Last edited by Gbombus : 02/10/15 at 02:07 AM.

02/10/15, 02:25 AM   #10
QuadroTony
Banned
okay =) its just like fanatics - your faith too stronk i cant fight with you
the same as situation with diablo3 happy servers long ago
people looking for special numbers of IP of the server to get better loot

Last edited by QuadroTony : 02/10/15 at 02:32 AM.

02/10/15, 03:52 AM   #11
Gbombus
Originally Posted by QuadroTony View Post
okay =) its just like fanatics - your faith too stronk i cant fight with you
the same as situation with diablo3 happy servers long ago
people looking for special numbers of IP of the server to get better loot
I didnt start this post based on 2 farming trips but after a thousand containers looted when farming motifs and i started to notice that insane Luck multiplier who strikes everytime you don't log into the game for some time.

02/10/15, 04:14 AM   #12
QuadroTony
Banned
the best way to figure out - alot of testerrs and google table docs for results

but i dont need this because this theory didnt work for me
i can get two or more rare items in short time by one hero - ZOS bless me

Last edited by QuadroTony : 02/10/15 at 04:17 AM.

02/10/15, 09:14 AM   #13
Sasky

02/10/15, 10:57 AM   #14
Randactyl
Dude. I've seen you (I'm assuming it's you, who else would it be?) post this exact same topic on the official forums, reddit, and now here. Every single time people disagree with you and you immediately fall back on petty insults. Don't be mad because there isn't anyone to stroke your "theory" which you would see is crap if you ran a vet dungeon or trials.

edit: his post was removed

Last edited by Randactyl : 02/10/15 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Removed quote of inappropriate thread ~ Cairenn

02/10/15, 11:11 AM   #15
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Gbombus, I've removed your last post as it was completely unacceptable on this site. Follow our rules or feel free to go elsewhere. Specifically:

Post with respect and courtesy. Debate is fine ... so long as when you disagree with someone, you respond in a civilized and constructive manner.
No libel. No defamation of character. Don't come here and slam/flame anyone/thing. Don't come here sounding off that Blizz sucks, EQ sucks, mod_author_01 sucks, etc and so on. None of that. You want to post things like that, take it elsewhere, there are enough other boards that cater to that type of thing. This isn't FlameVault. See 1.
I've been concerned about this thread since the moment you put it up, but I've been allowing it to stay because it has just barely stayed on the right side of the line. Keep up the unacceptable responses and the entire thread will go poof, along with you getting a vacation from the site.

02/10/15, 11:29 AM   #16
QuadroTony
Banned

ESOUI » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Rigged Loot Mechanics