10/24/17, 01:02 AM   #1
Sparhawk66
Button Box!

Hello and thanks in advance for your replies.

I have a button box with 30 buttons on it ( DSD Black Max II ) that I use for iracing.com. It is fully integrated into the simulator allowing me to change tire configurations, fuel loads, chat macros and much more. Anyone know of a way to get it to work in ESO? I would like to key bind it to do things. Examples would be ....button one= Guild1 chat, button two=Guild chat2...and so forth. Uses could also be, travel to main house, mount,banker, inventory....

Spar

Last edited by Sparhawk66 : 10/24/17 at 01:06 AM. Reason: image not working.
10/24/17, 01:54 AM   #2
votan

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This box can be configured to do some key-strokes?
In this case you could assign key-combos like shift+ctrl+Fx and/or ctrl-1, ctrl-2, etc.
Use http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1046-Emacs.html to force ESO to allow modifiers.
Look for addons which add key-binds for functions you want to assign.
Or maybe you want to code?
10/24/17, 02:13 AM   #3
Sparhawk66
Talking

Originally Posted by votan View Post
This box can be configured to do some key-strokes?
In this case you could assign key-combos like shift+ctrl+Fx and/or ctrl-1, ctrl-2, etc.
Use http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1046-Emacs.html to force ESO to allow modifiers.
Look for addons which add key-binds for functions you want to assign.
Or maybe you want to code?

ESO does not even see the box, I have tried to key-bind to it, but nothing happens. I am not a programmer, and do not know how to code. I will research addons to see if any have been made to do this.

Thanks
10/24/17, 02:26 AM   #4
votan

Originally Posted by Sparhawk66 View Post
ESO does not even see the box, I have tried to key-bind to it, but nothing happens. I am not a programmer, and do not know how to code. I will research addons to see if any have been made to do this.

Thanks
Well. You have to configure your box to simulate keyboard key-strokes. And when assign "regular" keys. No need for ESO to see your box.
10/27/17, 04:51 AM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
You need to do something like this:
Press button A on your DSD Black Max II -> Simulate keyboard key press of CTRL+SHIFT+A
You need a software that supports your USB device (DSD Black Max II) and recognizes if you press the buttons on it, so you can assign any keyboard shortcut to it.

An example website with an example software would be something like this: http://keysticks.net

Assign keyboards shortcuts to the buttons and then go to ESO, enable the addon that Votan mentioned above so ESO supports keystrokes like CTRL+SHIFT + ....
Go to the control settings, choose a keybind to assign, enable it and press the key on your DSD Black Max II. It should recognize the CTRL+SHIFT+A e.g. then and assign it to the keybind.

ESOUI » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Button Box!