06/04/20, 03:41 AM   #1
frozenhamster
Addon to keep track of missing leads

Right now weŽre all farming several multi-lead items like the mount and the mythics. I keep tabbing out to check where the next lead is located. There is a really nice spreadsheet and I saved my own copy mark completed leads green so I can easily see what I got and still need. Is there an option to make this list available ingame?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1163266686

That with the option to "check" off items I already own. I know that you can see collected leads ingame but that includes a lot of clicking and does not show where the missing leads are located.
06/05/20, 08:23 AM   #2
remosito
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Talking

Originally Posted by frozenhamster View Post
Right now weŽre all farming several multi-lead items like the mount and the mythics. I keep tabbing out to check where the next lead is located. There is a really nice spreadsheet and I saved my own copy mark completed leads green so I can easily see what I got and still need. Is there an option to make this list available ingame?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1163266686

That with the option to "check" off items I already own. I know that you can see collected leads ingame but that includes a lot of clicking and does not show where the missing leads are located.
There's the obvious question of permission to use that google sheet data.

Apart from that the biggest nightmare for me would be cleaning up that data. For it to be easily usable in an addon the lead/antiquity names would have to be 100% character correct in one table. With just name, zone of lead (as for some leads finding zone isn't same as scry/dig site zone) plus details of where to find it (boss x in z, wb in a, safebox in y,...) in separate columns.

I see a lot of "Aldmeri Symphonium / Aldmeri Golden Embellishments" stuff in there. Plus what might be extra spaces here and there.

If anything this is what will keep me from attempting to add it to my addon.

If you'd be interested in doing that legwork I could provide you with an empty table with just antiquityid, antiquityname tanken from ingame, where you could paste in leadfindingzone and details from the google sheet above.

Preferably after you ask for permission by sheets author ;-)
06/05/20, 08:29 AM   #3
Blackwolfe
Personally I'd like to be able to see a list of leads you can get in a specific area. But yeah, I think the sheet is probably a bit incomplete etc.

Best thing suppose would keeping the leads as a lib or something that others can pull data from and not potentially multiple addons with individual databases.

Man, I wish I had the motivation to learn how to make addons.

Last edited by Blackwolfe : 06/05/20 at 08:35 AM.
06/05/20, 03:51 PM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
There exists an addon about leads already, providing a list. Not sure though if it includes the data you got in this excel.

Btw, there are several tutorials about addon development so just give it a try, and we are here to help as well.
06/05/20, 11:34 PM   #5
frozenhamster
Originally Posted by remosito View Post
There's the obvious question of permission to use that google sheet data.

Apart from that the biggest nightmare for me would be cleaning up that data. For it to be easily usable in an addon the lead/antiquity names would have to be 100% character correct in one table. With just name, zone of lead (as for some leads finding zone isn't same as scry/dig site zone) plus details of where to find it (boss x in z, wb in a, safebox in y,...) in separate columns.

I see a lot of "Aldmeri Symphonium / Aldmeri Golden Embellishments" stuff in there. Plus what might be extra spaces here and there.

If anything this is what will keep me from attempting to add it to my addon.

If you'd be interested in doing that legwork I could provide you with an empty table with just antiquityid, antiquityname tanken from ingame, where you could paste in leadfindingzone and details from the google sheet above.

Preferably after you ask for permission by sheets author ;-)
IŽd be willing to do that. IŽd ask author for permission (though he posted this public on reddit and the ESO forum) and then fill that table for you.
06/06/20, 12:53 AM   #6
remosito
Originally Posted by frozenhamster View Post
IŽd be willing to do that. IŽd ask author for permission (though he posted this public on reddit and the ESO forum) and then fill that table for you.

Awesome. I will start jumping through the hoops of creating the necessary debug output into chat. Access it via debuglogviewer saved vars and crunch it into table format. Ability to write into files would be so swell. But I guess would as well help cheating/botting to much....

Thought about it a bit last night and will definitely include antiquity ids. Or it all might not work for folks with other language settings. Chances are antiquities have different names in other languages.
06/06/20, 01:00 AM   #7
remosito
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
There exists an addon about leads already, providing a list. Not sure though if it includes the data you got in this excel.

Btw, there are several tutorials about addon development so just give it a try, and we are here to help as well.
Can confirm Baertram is a beast in helping out.

Am the author of that other addon. Might be needing some more of that help if I want to include that excel data. I doubt it will fit nicely into a scrolllist cell. So will have to probably put it into a tooltip. Of which I know no nothing....

What's the best way to be a Warden and summon the Baertram when in need of mighty assistance?
06/06/20, 05:50 AM   #8
Blackwolfe
I am talking about a way to display leads for a specific map (even leads undiscovered by the player but pulled from a list of leads provided by the community) showing what source the lead comes from (treasure chest, thieves cache, ore node etc). Pretty much what someone already asked for in the comment section of your addon.

That is, basically the same data that is shown in the excel.

Your addon is great, but I have no idea what has changed between updates of it. A changelog would be helpful.

Last edited by Blackwolfe : 06/06/20 at 05:58 AM.
06/06/20, 06:17 AM   #9
remosito
Originally Posted by Blackwolfe View Post
I am talking about a way to display leads for a specific map (even leads undiscovered by the player but pulled from a list of leads provided by the community) showing what source the lead comes from (treasure chest, thieves cache, ore node etc). Pretty much what someone already asked for in the comment section of your addon.

That is, basically the same data that is shown in the excel.

Your addon is great, but I have no idea what has changed between updates of it. A changelog would be helpful.
That is now pretty much the plan. Am working on it. :-)

Changelog. YES! Just saw an hour ago that there is one I can update. Will henceforth do that. Still new to all this :-)
06/06/20, 06:29 AM   #10
Blackwolfe
That is now pretty much the plan. Am working on it. :-)

Changelog. YES! Just saw an hour ago that there is one I can update. Will henceforth do that. Still new to all this :-)
Just out of curiosity, since this was your first addon. Did you have any prior experience with programming? I have pretty much none.
06/06/20, 06:58 AM   #11
remosito
Originally Posted by Blackwolfe View Post
Just out of curiosity, since this was your first addon. Did you have any prior experience with programming? I have pretty much none.
Yes. Been coding for a long time. Never big Software Development though. Mainly just small programs, scripts up to a low thousand lines of code. Almost always one person. So I would make a terrible guy to hire to join coding on big applications. But pretty ideally prepared for writing small Addons :-)

And while this is my first Addon, I actually did some private extension of another addon a few weeks ago, which was purely background funcitonality. Which was a nice entry point for me. Just worrying about new language and API and not needing to go much into the whole UI part of it. And how it all glues together :-)
06/07/20, 04:50 AM   #12
remosito
Exclamation et voila

just released version 1.0.1 of my Addon which now includes detailed location information.

thanks frozenhamster for doing the legwork on that spreadsheet data transmogrication. Much appreciated.

Last edited by remosito : 06/07/20 at 06:52 AM.
06/07/20, 08:01 AM   #13
Blackwolfe
just released version 1.0.1 of my Addon which now includes detailed location information.

thanks frozenhamster for doing the legwork on that spreadsheet data transmogrication. Much appreciated.
O.o I just looked at the changelog. Amazing work! Can't wait to try it out!

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Addon to keep track of missing leads