07/18/20, 06:07 PM   #1
jwan
Cast only if

Hello (and sorry for my english).
Is there any addon or is it real to make one that track buff on character and only allow to re-cast buff skill if previous has already expired.
Maybe smth like addon "Only Cast Crystal Fragments Proc" (that check skillID on action bar and prevent cast if skill has basic form), but for check BuffID ?
upd1: what about debuffID check? if it is working it is possible to "Hit all 6 buttons and only 1 skill will be used because other casts will be prevented if buff or dot skill active.

Last edited by jwan : 07/18/20 at 06:36 PM.
07/19/20, 06:38 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Nope, not really.
You could track if a button was pressed and what abilityId was used but not all buffs that this ability will create will be on youself (where you could check the active ones), but also on other enemies or friendly players.

So one would not be able to track them all as the API is not providing all information of other players or NPCs.
But you maybe could track if the buff is active on your own.
But as several abilityIds can cast the same buffs you wouldn't know which of the skills you have used created tese buffs then, or you'd have to build a local lookup table.
After all this would be nothing one would want to create and keep track of + update each patch as abilitys and assigned buffs change etc.
A lot of manual stuff.

So why don#t you just use given addons like:
Action Duration Reminder
Srendarr
and other buff tarckers to show your active buffs on defined bars you can move on your UI + active skills at your action bars.

Everyhting else, in my opinion, will be starting to be bear "botting" and improvement done by addons which should be done by "your manual rotation".
And I do not want to get the API locked down furthe rmore because of such attempts to make a kinf of automated gameplay where you can just pres 123456 and the game checks and only casts what you want it to do. This is a kind of macro usage!
So imho: Better learn to not just press all buttons like in other games, but learn THIS game and it's skills and use them appropriate.
07/19/20, 04:59 PM   #3
Marazota
i agreed with the author
if Only Cast Crystal Fragments Proc addon exist

why we cant make other similar addons

its possible
07/19/20, 05:10 PM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
You maybe could BUT as I tried to explain it needs a LOT of manual lists of skills to abilityIds etc.
The addons that exist got "hardcoded" list of the abilityIds and their buffs or other ways to detect the "procs". There is no addon API that provides that by simple means afaik.
So as I wrotebefore: I doubt anyone wants to start such "manual overkill" addon for "all of the slotted skills" (which could be ANY of the available skills of the game + all the possible buss, on 2 action bars).
As the buffs AND abilityIds could change each patch it would need to be updated and updated and updated again at patches. None of the addon devs I know here would be interested into creating such a time consuming project, but maybe you'll find someone.

And imho, as I wrote above, this would be some kind of "botting" or "failsafe mode" (just press all keys and let the addons play for me) gamestyle, which is nothing one should support!

Last edited by Baertram : 07/19/20 at 11:32 PM.
07/19/20, 09:07 PM   #5
Drummerx04
Originally Posted by Marazota View Post
i agreed with the author
if Only Cast Crystal Fragments Proc addon exist

why we cant make other similar addons

its possible
Even if it was possible to do, the addon almost definitely would get in the way more than it solved any problems. What if you actually wanted to refresh a debuff, but the addon won't let you?

Last edited by Drummerx04 : 07/19/20 at 09:14 PM.
07/27/20, 07:12 AM   #6
wambo
I agree with Baetrams points.

Although I believe the API lets you track buffs/debuffs on other players - srendarr lets you track specific buffs or debuffs on your group members at least?
Maybe this is limited to your group, but that seems good enough to me.

I would also support that similar addons like "only cast crystal frag proc" would still be made -
though NOT for semi botting
but only for reasonable cases.

Crystal Frag procs have proven to be unreliable, I'm not sure about what exactly, the animation not updating fast enough, or the game sometimes throwing a false event that makes it appear to be proc'ed, but the addon for some ppl is just fixing this erroneous behaviour.

Learning to keep up buffs, do a rotation, and not overcast is NOT a problem with the game to be fixed by addons or devs.

I can't think of many other cases where it makes sense atm. Some ultimates appear to be castable as vampire before they reach the increased cost and start the animation to only stop - which is wasting a GCD for the player. But we can hope this will be adressed by the game devs and its has minimal effects.

Or similar to the frag proc, it could be used for bow procs, if the buff is not under ~8s and you try to cast the bow proc, but the game is slow and did not compute the last LA yet so you rebuff instead of shooting the bow.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Cast only if