07/24/14, 12:22 PM   #1
nemokin

Graphical frame borders - more immersive ui graphics?

I'm dying for the computerized look of a lot of the combat and ui frames to have better borders - something that looks like the frame is embedded into some sort of dwemer tech like Harkin's Dwemer Clock or Radar Minimap - both of which look amazing - cant we just get moveable/resizeable borders that we can fit the frames into? I dunno how they will match the hideables but i'm not a programmer

any ideas? Or am i way off base as usual?
07/25/14, 05:32 AM   #2
Harven

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by nemokin View Post
...Harkin's Dwemer Clock...
Looks like some kind of Garkin and Harven mutation

I saw your comment on Dwemer Clock page and the idea is nice but it isn't something I would like to make.
07/25/14, 04:10 PM   #3
Sasky
The main reason you likely don't see this is you have to get the graphics first. I'd venture most addon developers are primarily coders, not graphic artists, so don't really have the desire/skill/toolset to make such frames. Even ignoring the graphics creation part, more UI elements make things more difficult (and UI's can be tough as-is).
07/26/14, 12:28 AM   #4
Fyrakin

Especially if UI API and elements are being modified by official developpers and sometimes features are being discontinnued. It would be a real headache if you ask me. As fun as it may look I wouldn't torture myself by doing that.
08/02/14, 12:45 AM   #5
nemokin

Originally Posted by Sasky View Post
The main reason you likely don't see this is you have to get the graphics first. I'd venture most addon developers are primarily coders, not graphic artists, so don't really have the desire/skill/toolset to make such frames. Even ignoring the graphics creation part, more UI elements make things more difficult (and UI's can be tough as-is).
the graphics are in game - the faded black borders all the windows already have - cant they be extracted somewhow?
08/02/14, 11:03 AM   #6
Fyrakin

Originally Posted by nemokin View Post
the graphics are in game - the faded black borders all the windows already have - cant they be extracted somewhow?
You don't have to extract, if they are there, you just use them.
08/10/14, 02:19 PM   #7
nemokin

Originally Posted by Fyrakin View Post
You don't have to extract, if they are there, you just use them.
sorry for late reply - but how? how can i change the background frames? like to quest trackers and such...i mean if it's that easy then why not put options in addon settings for diff addons to change look of the background instead of just color and opacity?
08/10/14, 08:06 PM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
backgroundTexture:SetTexture("Path/to/texture.dds")

or

backdropControl:SetCenterTexture("Path/to/texture.dds")

http://wiki.esoui.com/Controls

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Graphical frame borders - more immersive ui graphics?