04/08/14, 11:50 AM   #1
raykai

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
need help to code apparel window to show on crafting UI

im new at doing addons and im wandering how i could code the apparel window to show up on the crafting UI for the clothing station. see screen shot to see what i mean

apparel window that i need to call:

what i mean as to have it on the clothing station:

there is still not alot of info on the API i need help

Last edited by raykai : 04/08/14 at 11:53 AM.
04/09/14, 05:48 AM   #2
Nogaruk
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I've been trying to do something similar as my first addon to throw up, as well. I'm not sure it is possible, though. Zgoo is definitely you're friend, especially so when trying to find frame names. It took me quite a few hours to figure out how to make a button from scratch and getting used to how to set files up with never using lua or xml before. After that though it took me about 5min's with zgoo to figure out an extremely simple, lua only, file to make to get the apparel window to show in the smithing, clothier, and woodworking crafting stations. If you want to try it for yourself:

Code:
------------------------------
-- FUNCTIONS
--New() - new function
function addonName:New()
	self.addonName = "AddonName"			
	--Initialization
	self:InitializeEventManagement()
end	
--OnSmithingStationShow()
function addonName:OnSmithingStationShow()
	if ZO_Character:IsHidden() == true then ZO_Character:SetHidden(false) else ZO_Character:SetHidden(true) end
end		
-- EVENTS
--InitializeEventManagement() - initialize events function
function addonName:InitializeEventManagement()    
	--event registering
	ZO_SmithingTopLevel:SetHandler("OnShow", function(self) addonName:OnSmithingStationShow() end)
	ZO_SmithingTopLevel:SetHandler("OnHide", function(self) addonName:OnSmithingStationShow() end)
end
-- CALL
	addonName:New()
Should be the code I had. I moved past that file a day ago and did not keep it, so it might be slightly off.

Thing is, though, this won't work. The ZO_Character window pulls other code with it when it is open. Without the rest of the inventory being open and running at the same time you will get errors with it. It also will break the crafting window as it pulls extra functionality in that overwrites some of the elements in the crafting windows. For example once you mouse over something in the apparel window to see say the tooltip, you will no longer be able to craft an item or deconstruct an item.

Since there's already too many bugs to work out with it and it did not really solve what I wanted in the crafting window, I have since moved on to trying to show the comparative tooltips while in a crafting window. I can somewhat get that working so far, but have come to the point where I need help from someone that knows how to work with tooltips. Unfortunately, they are an element that I can not mouse over to use zgoo to get the information on them. I'm trying to basically find a way to either show the comparative tooltips or create a tooltip frame that stays up and that I can load the tooltip data into. This is going slow though.

Maybe someone more knowledgeable than me can correct anything that I might be wrong with here. Hope it helps you in some way, though.

*EDIT:
In regards to it being possible, let me correct that statement by saying at least without rebuilding the entire apparel window yourself.

Last edited by Nogaruk : 04/09/14 at 05:53 AM.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » need help to code apparel window to show on crafting UI